Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2054 Signings   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Quite a bit luckier than I ever have been this year, which is good because my draft was trash. Only #1 and #5 picks remain.

Juan Carlos Bustamante (73 claims) started off the season with a bang. Control and homers were reasonably acceptable in AA. Has a possible POT adjustment coming up at 2054 #0.

Chan Ho Ji (FA): Gets a second shot to rise out of mediocrity. I include him because I re-signed him after cutting him last month, because after looking carefully through the free agents there was no one I wanted.

Kaito Yamasaki (19 claims): Parked him in AAA his age-26 season. Decent numbers across the board. He will be promoted next spring.

Enrique Briseno (3 claims): Flamed out a bit on starts after starting strong. Long-shot to make a clear cut spot, but at 23 I can put him in AAA next season to give other applicants a shot.

Omar Cintron (6 claims): Turned out to have a big hole in his swing against same-sided pitching, which is ok with me as that is perfect to platoon with Quintero. Hit a solid .284 with an OBP of .369

Jaime Valdes (5 claims): 16 years old K pitcher. Age was a big part in signing him lol. Decent so far.

Zimmerman (FA): That the 32 year old will make it from early July to the end of the season says something, since all the other over the hill veterans were cut pretty quickly. Solid fill-in at MR1

Hector Omi (24 claims): Went from A-AA. Small sample size thus far, but seems like he could develop very Roque-ish attributes except with more stamina.

Lloyd Wiggins (10 claims): Not sure what to do with this guy. He had some strange training (low minors) but has 97 SI now and gained a couple since I've signed him. He hasnt pitched much with the reduction in number of daily games.

Andres Galindo (21 claims): the final claim of this waivers season: kind of your everyday low power, good range OF. Has gained 10 SI so far and is on track to not have any big hitting holes. Solid prospect. We'll see how he hits when he gets to higher minors. Good base stealing ability.

Remaining Draftees:

Alejandro Nevarez (#1): Strong AA season on shorter outings (avg 2.26 IP) H/IP, BB, HR. He struggled in A ball on longer outings (avg 3.67 IP), especially starting 5 games instead of 1. Has gained 2 SI so far

Alejandro Palacios (#5): Hit .300 in A Ball. Has a possible POT coming up. Maybe not keep him if he doesnt rise from 10-11.

Cuts of players with significant time on the team: Farris, Regalado, Cardoso, B. Rodriguez, Lujan, Tucker, Marroquin, George, San Nicolas, Donaldson.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like a good haul for Irvine!

A quiet year for Waterloo. 4 signings.

Cammareri (1 claim) - unseated our C of the future. Got a cup of coffee this season. Likely a thermos worth next season.

Doran (4 claims) - came onboard mostly to eat some spring innings. Didn't impress in spring. Didn't impress at AAA. Does have an impressive 74 prospect rank - 2nd best in my system.

Shoemaker (3 claims) - getting a chance to play RF vs. LHP, but not doing much with the opportunity.

Isales (9 claims) - not much for scouting, but nice to have young pitching. Good minor league numbers, but doesn't get to play much. Be nice if his pot held, but not counting on it.

C'est tout.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
pbbt ... yabba yabba do now

(know you got seoul)

http://brokenbat.org/player/259803

[edit]
my best signing ... was giving it away now

Updated Friday, May 6 2022 @ 8:49:56 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |