Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2054 Player's Strike   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Absolutely no triple ply! What do these guys think we are made of money!
knoxvol

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On the bright side, the BB Players' Strike of 2054 has more-or-less coincided with the delayed return of IRL baseball.

Happy Opening Day everyone!
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Waivers on strike also
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Ken_Kennilworth
@Rock777

Exhilarating!

would you mind to keep doing this contract negotiations for the duration of the strike?

would it be too much to ask?

too much fun :)
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haverhill fans are getting anxious, and some are starting to ask for ticket refunds.

Bloomington ownership is unable to see the unwashed masses from high atop the Ivory Tower.

But the stoppage is beginning to hurt. One of my recently dismissed board members said I may have to put off the purchase of my sixth Gulf Stream IV. He suggested...a Gulf Stream III!

We are truly at World's End.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The City of Corvallis, in the Northwest region, is reporting a Groundhog Day-like state of perpetual coldness. The City hopes the strike ends soon, so warmer weather can finally move back into the region.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Deadwood's Vice President of Buffets and Vending Machines has reported that each day we arrive at the office for work, our calendars and phones continue to show that it is the same date: July 11th, 2054.

Ownership has been insisting we are not caught in some kind of time loop, and as a reward for keeping this discovery from the players, we have locked all the doors to our facilities and promoted him to Senior Vice President of Buffets and Vending Machines.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Another day has gone by with no progress reported in the Broken Bat labor negotiations.

Faced with an interruption in revenue streams, Broken Bat is entering shutdown mode. All franchises and the league office have begun to furlough administrative and other operations employees. Essential executive functions are being staffed by a skeleton crew assisted by college intern volunteers.

A similar shutdown mode was affected back in the 2035 season. One such intern who worked through that shutdown, Ms Cigarella Puttinski, described her work under those conditions as follows “it was exciting at first, and I took on quite a load, but it finished ugly and left a bad taste in my mouth”.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't look now, but it seems processing has resumed!!!!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Game on!

Updated Friday, April 8 2022 @ 11:01:34 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |