Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Easier Lineup Swapping   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know how plausible this actually is... but I would like to discuss the possibility of making starting lineup swaps easier.

My thought process right now is that instead of having to click "update lineup," erase the position/batting number for one player and add them for another, there could be a "one button" swap option already on the front lineup page.

Example: My typical starting RF player is Cabrera. If I wanted to give him a day of rest I could click a "swap" button and he and the player set as his backup would switch places... I.E. Cabrera would be the backup and the backup would be the starter.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Example: My typical starting RF player is Cabrera. If I wanted to give him a day of rest I could click a "swap" button and he and the player set as his backup would switch places... I.E. Cabrera would be the backup and the backup would be the starter.

They would be swapped for just one game or permenantly?

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I suppose you could implement it either way... I would say just until you "reswap" them though.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i would love to see an optional second lineup and a rotation-setting for it. Like 2 games lineup A and 1 game lineup B or 2 games A and then 2 games B or 3/2. (or use lineup B only for cup games)

Why I would like to see it? Giving some players a rest especially the catcher. Or giving some young players a chance to play but dont losing competeness of the whole team. For players who cant attend the a 5 game series because of their time zone, this would give a chance to influence the lineup.
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I also like this idea... And I have even brought up the idea of being able to set players for "rest," so that unless there is a catastrophic group of injuries to your team, they would not play in a game and could therefore gain rest and be less likely to get a fatigue injury.

Previous Page | Show All |