Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
been long time since i talked.
Buzzards is slum

http://brokenbat.org/player/194864
who's also seeing this from time to time??

Slumped this season he average 20hr a season now he only has 2.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I've definitely had players whose HR ability took the season off. Tak wasn't a bruiser - 20-25 HR guy. But 2046 it was after the AS break when he got his first.

It's scarier when it's an older player. Makes me worry it's not just bad luck, but maybe an erosion of skill is contributing.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep... That is where I am with Kim right now. Only 2 HRs so far, for a guy who as been hitting ~40. Wondering if its erosion, just a bad streak, or the fact that he seems to always play worse at the start of the season...
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been wondering something similar as I have a player who routinely starts off the first 200 AB's of the season hitting below .200 then gets red hot in the last half of the season.

http://brokenbat.org/player/244482

It's happened so much that I'm starting to wonder if there is some sort of hidden trait effect here.

Updated Monday, March 21 2022 @ 7:44:13 pm PDT
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The dreaded age 32 decline.
texasoutlaw89

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had more issues with pitching this season than anything else. Tejeda has been my most solid and consistent starter for the past 7 seasons, but this year, his ERA is over a full run higher than normal. Now, I'm an analytics guy, and recognize that his FIP is right around where it should be, so it should normalize. I'm having a bunch of issues with my pen though. My 7-8-9 inning guys have been rock solid the past few years, but my setup role has been a revolving door. Noland, Hibbard, & Flores have held down those spots the past few seasons, but Hibbard and Noland have collapsed so far this year. Both of them still have solid FIP's, but Hibbard is definitely on the decline.

Updated Wednesday, March 23 2022 @ 12:07:15 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |