Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Spring Training Injuries   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I had 7 out one game earlier this spring.

Currently 5 of my 13 P are hurt. Signing 30+ year scrubs just eat some innings and keep my developed staff away from the meat grinder.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I had at least 6 out at one point last season, been pretty lucky so far in spring training (crossing toes), I've only had a couple 2-3 day injuries. Of course now I will likely get 6 guys injured tomorrow since I curse the team with this posting ;)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Injury rate is no different in Spring and hasn't changed recently.

Steve
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
The number of injuries for me is interesting, even if the severity has limited the impact. When the first pitch happens tomorrow, only 2 of the original 9 NP will have played in all 22 games. But all will have at least played in 16 games.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the official info!

Given that knowledge, the Dinos have definitely had some hard luck in spring (both this season and in the past).

Guess that means there is sunshine on the horizon, right? :)

Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Steve. I thought it was probably RNG but the clarification is appreciated.
texasoutlaw89

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some advice on the spring injuries. I know some of you are probably already doing this, but set multiple lineups, and rotate your big leaguers out with your minor league squad. I think I only start my major league guys in 50% or less of the spring games.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I start as many minor league players as I possibly can. I start major league players that are young and still developing. I never start my best players that I depend on during the regular season.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I never start my best players that I depend on during the regular season.

Agreed. Playing developed players in spring is (injury) risk with no reward.

With all my P injuries yesterday I was signing cannon fodder to eat innings rather than let my core guys take the mound.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I start my developing players only; never the best guys. For the first week, I put in guys from the majors who need innings. Starting on the last Friday of Spring Training I pull out anyone who is remotely useful in the majors and put in all minor leaguers. That gives a 10 day window with no fear of injuries. Occasionally I'll lose a SP for 30 days in that first week, But the developing guys usually aren't critical players, so I accept it as a calculated risk.

Given I have to build my team primarily from FA, I tend to have a lot of late bloomers so the Spring Training innings are impactful.

Previous Page | Show All |