Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Where's all the good free agents?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like this free agent pool has been the weakest in the past few seasons. Haven't signed one player yet.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say its pretty average. I've put in a bunch of claims.

This is your fifth year with this team. A good manager will be able to make drastic upgrades to their team in the first few seasons. By the time you hit season 5 you've probably filled in most of the holes. You've also learned more about what the red flags are. So the players on waivers/FA start to look less impressive in general.
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
The FA pool is generally a cesspool after the initial Waiver Claims after season reset. Occasionally a gem slips through but that feels increasingly rare.

It makes going 0 for every contested waiver claim suck even more.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I dont even worry about flip waivers. Who's on waivers after round 1-2 of draft and August means a whole lot more to the makeup of my team
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Start of the year is mostly valuable for older players whose teams pulled the trigger a little too early. One big negative is that there are a lot more eyes on the pool at this point, so more competition for skilled players.

Round 1-2 can have some good stuff, but most teams will still have open space due to natural attrition.

I actually find a lot of value after rounds 3-5. Because people start running out of space and have to cut guys they would rather not cut.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow... I have 16 claims out right now.

Previous Page | Show All |