Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2054 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Started Cup play with wins of 43-2, 12-1 and 30-7.

Of course, despite putting up all those runs in three games I managed to lose the other one 2-3. A +74 RD in a four game series, and a 3-1 record to show for it. Sigh.
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, that didn't go as expected. Baaaad signs, lads.

Last season I went 83-77 with a -2 run differential, but I was 34-46 at home and 49-31 away.

Started this season with a 3 game away series against a team which is great at home, granted, but was within 5 games of until the last two weeks of the season or something.

Game 1: 1-11 drubbing. My coach is rubbish on offense, but normally great on defense, so I dunno what happened.

Game 2: 6-7 heartbreaker. Was up 6-1 in Mid 6th, then relief dropped 3 runs in the 6th and 7th. Again, I'm supposed to have a decent defense.

Game 3: Well, shucks. Bot 2nd, Grand Slam. Bot 3rd, 2 run double, Bot 4th, 2 run homer and solo homer, Bot 8th, base clearing double. 0-12 crushing defeat.

They only had 7 at-bats more than me, but they scored 12 runs on 12 hits, I scored none on 4. Not much to do against a team that can do that to you at home.

This might be an ugly season, but I don't really know why, because I've not really gotten worse over the break. My two oldest SPs did deteriorate a little bit, but not alarmingly so, and they did start the two walkovers, so that might explain some of it, but my relief also blew up three times, and that's pretty much the same.

Regardless, 0-3 and a -23 run differential. As the kids used to say: "That's a yikes from me, lads."

Updated Tuesday, March 8 2022 @ 11:56:59 pm PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It's disappointing to open the season with a clunker like that, but there's a long way to go. RD swings pretty wildly with all the high scoring games.

There were several big bats that passed through waivers this week. (Dinos considered each, but ultimately didn't make an offer to any). Grats to Boulder who landed two of them. Both Avila and Hoppe now suit up for the Free Zoners.

That's 10.1 mill in salary for those 2, and a 64.9 mill big league payroll when Avila gets called up. That might be the most expensive roster I've seen here. Free Zoner merchandise might be hot stuff. :)
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Free Zoning - not free at all, apparently
speeent_

Midwest City Mavericks
VI.26

Broken Bat Baseball
0-4
1-2

Not exactly how i wished the season to start, but so far there have been no 10+ run slaughters, so that's good? Just gotta get one or two players to step up their games and this could be solid.
Drewbz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My offense is as bad as my pitching is good here at the start. I've started 2-5 and my two victories were final scores of 1-0 and 2-1. Ended a streak of 5 straight games in which we only scored 1 run in the last game of the series today. Absolutely no one can put the bat on the ball right now.
speeent_

Midwest City Mavericks
VI.26

Broken Bat Baseball
Swept Johnson City last night, even if the last game went 11 innings. Seeing how they trashed us 0-20 in the second last series of last season, i'd say the Rat Pack is finding its' groove.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Wallace symbolizes Waterloo's early 2054.

Through 20 games he's batting almost .400, OPS over 1k. Guy in front of him in the batting order has ~.400 on base %. But just 3 RBI to show for it. (Projects to less than 30 over 600 ABs). Brutal .176 RISP.
speeent_

Midwest City Mavericks
VI.26

Broken Bat Baseball
7 game losing streak going, with the last 10 games gone 2-8. Now this is the team i knew i had.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
7 games? ... My setup pitchers get injure about that many in a row

Previous Page | Show All |