Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Form   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tyty2023

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi,
Been playing for about 7-8 months and really enjoying the game. Had a question on the form for hitters and pitchers? Does the hot/cold mean anything specific? Same for pitchers.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Hot - They’ve been doing well in recent games
Cold - The player has been doing bad recently

It can range anywhere from Very Hot to Very Cold.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
As NotGood88 said it is how well they have performed recently. I don't remember off hand, but I think its something like the last 30 ABs (for hitters) and last 3 games (for pitchers).

One thing to note is that it is keyed entirely off AVG and ERA. So if you have a guy hit 6 HRs in the last 30 ABs but he only has a .200 AVG, he will show as Cold. Even though his OPS is probably killer.
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there a benefit to resting "cold" players? I've really not paid much attention to it in the past.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That depends. Steve hasn't made that part of the engine public to us. Some theorize that it doesn't matter because streaks are just RNG. Other theorize there there is a variable (like a biorhythm) that affects player performance. In the later case a Cold performance might indicate a bad biorhythm, so it might be worth resting the player.

It ends up being up to each of us which we choose to believe.

One things to note however is that if you take a player out, their stats aren't changing, so they will continue to show as Cold until they get more playing time. So don't take them out and wait for the Cold to go away ;)

Previous Page | Show All |