Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Unearned run   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
If the first batter reaches on an error and the next hits into a double play, why would a run scored afterwards be unearned? There was no one on base to score that should have been out.

Updated Wednesday, February 2 2022 @ 9:10:18 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sounds like a logic error in the engine. Possibly a bug with double plays following an error?
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
No idea. Unearned runs have always seemed a bit goofy in this game. Such as an error allowing someone to reach base and a 2 run homer with less than 2 outs would be 2 unearned runs rather than 1. Runs that score on a wild pitch also seem to be unearned.

5th inning:

https://brokenbat.org/game/4388546

The other runs were unremarkable as a result, Lujan was charged with 3 ER of 4.

I think it should be clarified how the rules here are different than regular baseball, since it could affect whether and when a pitcher is replaced.
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
If there are two outs when the error occurs then anything after that would be considered "unearned" since technically the inning should have ended already, I believe.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep. But that was not the case here.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So you're saying the error and the double play are essentially double counting the out and therefore runs scored afterwards should be earned.

I'm not sure if this is right - I see the point. I'll look into it.

I agree...I'm not sure the game engine is as sophisticated as an official score keeper.

Thanks,

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |