Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Who To Bench?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So I claimed Laukaitis off waivers and I want him to become a full-time player. The question, though, obviously, is who should I bench?

O’Reilly
Wilkins
Santini
Scanlon

I can move someone to catcher to replace Scanlon, by the way.
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
There's reasons to choose each I would say. Scanlon and Santini or younger so you might want to still get some ABs for them to develop. Laukaitis, Wilkins, and O'Reilly are probably done developing and have a few "peak" seasons left.

Personally I would just just multiple lineups and platoon some guys vs lefties and righties. Santini is young and still potentially has some upside so I would play him as much as possible. Scanlon could be a vs lefties player and maybe every other or every 3rd game vs Righties. O'Reilly is a switch hitter so I like that and he's having a solid season. Wilkins looks like he puts up some decent power #'s and he's a lefty.

Laukaitis was the point of your post but he has some weak #'s vs Righties. Maybe he and Scanlan start vs lefties and then split time vs Righties.

hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
^ I agree with that. But if I was forced to choose an odd man out, it would be Scanlon. Very hard to see how he becomes a decent offensive player without a surprise POT pop to 13. I do see some value in Scanlon as a bench OF who can back-up all 3 OF positions plus C. But I don't see a path for him to ever being more than a .650 OPS guy on his good seasons
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball

Laukaitis was the point of your post but he has some weak #'s vs Righties. Maybe he and Scanlan start vs lefties and then split time vs Righties.

The thing with Laukatis is that I need a 3B, badly. Flanagan is a joke defensively so I need Jokubas to not screw everything up. I’m going to go and bench Scanlon, which was what I was leaning towards, but wasn’t 100% sure about,
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Update: Should I start Chadwick at 3rd instead???
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I like Chadwick at 3B. When I glanced at your roster earlier I figured you were playing him there.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Laukaitis only started against LHP. The year he had 500+ AB was just to get what SI he could and you can see he did not have a great season in all lineups.

Previous Page | Show All |