Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> draft#6   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock...your last 20 before that were 16 High School, 3 LA, 1 College...so "frequent" for LA is not the word I would use here. Of the 44 picks you could have made but didnt, well you didnt pick them, so it seems like your action support what your words dont

Updated Friday, January 21 2022 @ 3:00:27 pm PST
TPS

Dallas Dragons
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Broome isn't awful considering the round he was drafted.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@electriceel883 - That is quite the cherry-pick.

How about this cherry-pick, in my last 64 picks:

22 Latin
17 Highschool
3 College
1 Junior College
1 Asian

"Frequent" is exactly the word I would use.

Plus I "frequently" pick from the Latin pool late because it is not fished. I "seldom" take any late draft picks regardless of the pool. Looking back at my most recent 5+ round draft picks:

10 from Latin
3 from Highschool
1 from College
1 from Junior College

So apparently my late round keepers are mostly from Latin.

Updated Friday, January 21 2022 @ 6:02:26 pm PST
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Y'all chill
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I "frequently" pick from the Latin pool late because it is not fished." "So apparently my late round keepers are mostly from Latin."

Isnt that exactly the point I made that you called a misconception? On the slight chance you might have misunderstood me, it is:

I dont't go to the Latin pool early, because there is a lot of trash there (not surprising in a very large pool).

I go there late because there may be some finds (it is a very large pool). Since it is still a low % occurrence I feel like it would be a waste of a pick to do so in the earlier rounds.

You feel differently, fair enough. Go right ahead.

Updated Friday, January 21 2022 @ 7:32:53 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Two of my first round picks in the last four seasons were from Latin. Many of my early picks are from Latin. So yes, you are intentionally misrepresenting my data when you claim I don't pick from Latin early. Not sure why you feel the need to do so. I'm not hiding my draft choices.

In my experience there is a lot of trash in all the draft pools. It is a common misconception that Latin has more "trash", that is why it is a great pool to pick from as the season progresses. In the beginning of the season, it is no better than any other pool. Highschool guarantees a teen, while Latin has a mix. If I want a young guy I'll probably go Highschool. If I want a AA guy I'll go College. If I want a AAA guy I'll go Asian. Latin is more of a mix with both young and AA aged players. They are just as good, just less age control. So I often pick from other pools when the percentages aren't too far off. Doesn't mean Latin is full of trash. That is a misconception. I have almost as many Latin players as US players (from both Highschool and College combined) on my major league squad.

Updated Friday, January 21 2022 @ 11:07:29 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Easiest way to see where the trash is is by taking a random sampling.

All 26 year old pitchers with 14+ POT:

67 US & Canadian (College, Highschool, and Junior College combined)
31 Latin
2 Asian
1 Swiss

And this is with the Latin pool frequently being the least fished of all pools.

Saying the Latin pool is full of trash is a MAJOR misrepresentation of the facts.

Updated Saturday, January 22 2022 @ 9:14:22 am PST
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The real truth about the Latin pool is that it’s full of players. No draft pool systemically has a higher percentage of trash players than any other, it’s just that with the Latin pool, there’s a lot of awful players you end up getting on your draft board. The only 18 POT player currently in the game is Latin, but on the flip side, the last time I went Latin in the 1st round, I got Razo. It’s hit or miss. I personally go high school and college more than anything, but for every Kelley Trout, there’s been a Steve Noble.

So yes, the Latin pool is full LF trash, but yes, it’s full of amazing prospects.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Like I said, all the pools are full of trash. I don't believe the Latin pool has extra trash in it, otherwise I wouldn't draft so often from that pool.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
That’s what I’m saying, too. We seem to be in agreement :)

Previous Page | Show All |