Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> New Note on Management page?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just saw the following note today on the bottom of my management page:

"* Note: Starting pitchers will have a minimum of pitch count of 75 and minimum hook of 5 regardless of management settings."

I can understand the pitch count part and agree with it just fine... But my starting pitchers will automatically have a hook of 5, even if I want it to be less? Or is that meant to say "maximum"?
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is meant to be as "has atleast a maximum hook of 5". This gives you the option to rise that hook but you can't lower it beyond that.

This is to prevent a bad tactic of using bad pitchers with low stamina to pitch the first inning and then let the overpowered bullpen take over the game for the next 8 innings every game.
Imagine your #1-#3 aces would pitch 2-3 innings every game. you wouldnt need starter #4 & #5 and also dont need any MR/LR staff. Only an additional closer maybe.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
* Note: Starting pitchers will have a minimum of pitch count of 75 and minimum hook of 5 regardless of management settings.

The other issue is that bullpen pitchers are often getting pressed into game starts when there are injuries to the rotation. In those cases, his usual pitch count and hook settings will be trumped by the 75/5 setting if their management setting are smaller.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |