Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Waivers 2053   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Joyd

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some needed additions so far this spring. I had a hard time last season finding decent players and many of the ones I did find didn't work out, especially pitchers. I have gotten 9 new players from 1-3 claims and i anticipate team play will improve. Hopefully a better draft too
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Kinda worried that Weiner got so many claims… Makes me have second thoughts about letting him go lol, however, I believe the people I made room for by cutting him are plenty good. Houck will do fine in his place.

Hemphill became our 2nd 15 POT high claim guy on the roster but besides that we’ve had some slim pickings.
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca - I mean, he replaces a guy with 8 control and 9 velocity, so... You know, it's all relative. Sure, that guy was 18 and 19 where Gale is 17 and 18, but Gale is also 6 years younger, so there's still some time.

The chance is worth it for me, certainly. I've got a good pitching manager.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually got someone else on waivers...2 claimer Melvin Thomas. Lefty, brings a little more speed to the team, 15 range in the OF, and who knows? Maybe he improves a bit as a hitter, not too much reason to think he will, but he hasnt had much of a chance either.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Amazing claims has actually been giving me a roll now and then.

Earlier this week I got my first double-digit claim in over a season, lately of the Moo Cows, who I wanted back in 2051:

https://brokenbat.org/player/272809

And now for the New Years's Fool Joke:

If I didnt need just one guy the AI thinks should stay in A ball forever now theres two, both originally drafted in 2047, the Bloomington Thunders very own:

https://brokenbat.org/player/266084

Along with a Pitcher who went from 3 claims to 2, perhaps multiple claims for minimal spots:

https://brokenbat.org/player/260750

One of these days, over-pitchering is going to work out and other teams will be the beneficiaries of some great guys who werent great enough to make the staff xD

So, I look back to my very first off-season, 2050-2051 and one of my top targets that I never got, then 18 year old Randy Linn. There were I believe 5 claims. You know a guy is good when a Legends team doesnt abruptly drop them at some point. 21, +1 POT and now in AAA with nice performance.

https://brokenbat.org/player/280659

Updated Saturday, January 1 2022 @ 2:57:20 am PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I meant to contest Rojas, but forgot.

I don't feel any better seeing he landed in Concord. :)
tamale

Concord Jets
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the mention. I've really struggled to find good pitching through the minors recently. So with a reasonably young group of position players my strategy has been to look far and wide for pitching prospects and give them a look - Rosas is part of that. I feel a bit better about the group I have now, hopefully there's at least part of a majors bullpen in there.

Rosas has some pretty promising development numbers so far. I have a spreadsheet where I try to project player development. One of the variables is the age I expect them to reach their cap, and Rosas's number is favourable for a POT jump. It's similar to a few guys I've had some success with in the past, e.g. Chase and Rojas, who were both signed as POT 11 free-agents but ended up making it to 13. Even though they aren't that great at the major league level, I still like to keep them around as good development stories. The other guy whose growth seemed way too fast was Pardo - he too was signed as a POT 11, and I have high hopes that he will be a special relief pitcher for me. As for Rosas, I'll wait and see whether he can keep the HRs down enough to be a viable player.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Very interesting! I do pay attention to growth rate (SI/yr). Think it can be a strong indicator. But I hadn't thought to make a connection between growth rate and exceeding potential. Cool idea. One I will watch.

I hadn't done deep analysis on Rosas (realized I spelled his name wrong after post, didn't bother editing). I was mostly attracted by his "very good" potential.

Find it a little funny how that part of the written scouting has gone from paramount in the old draft to inconsequential in the new draft to intriguing with uncertain potential.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is my logic for keeping Noble as well. A POT 10 at 20 years old doesn't seem very promising, but his growth doesn't really seem to jive with a POT 10... Maybe he'll just hit a wall at 22 years old?

Updated Monday, January 10 2022 @ 12:23:31 pm PST
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I look for the Very Goods as well. One year I had several of them in POT-adjust seasons. Didnt seem to make too much difference in that regard.

https://brokenbat.org/player/272809

Theres lots of things I dont like about Stevie, but his rate of SI gain has been outstanding...he actually lost a potential despite the fact that not ridiculously high VG POT rarely do.

I know not of what you guys speak of what age they should hit cap lol I use a small spreadsheet to see whether guys will gain SI in the POT they have to hit their comments though...

Previous Page | Show All |