Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2052 Draft Round 6   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Tbh, I'm not even gonna bother draft any of the guys on my board this time around.

I fell for my weakness of going for the International board late (I still feel like that should be expanded to make the World Classic more interesting), and got a whole load of nothing.
realzachjr!

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I drafted this guy
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@zach Diaz, Guevara, and Dean are easy cuts, as well as a bunch of your draftees from earlier (Linares, Sweet, Adcock, Marrero, Burr), and there’s some more that are borderline.

We somehow lucked out again and got Murray. I’ll take him any day.
TPS

Dallas Dragons
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Hall looks like a pretty good pick for this late in the draft. His only issue might end up being his lack of steals and bad defense, but he should still be on the team longer than most players drafted this late.
envican

Hartford Bears
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like I usually stop drafting anyone after round 3. 99% of the time after that I get garbage options. Sometimes I don't even get great options in rounds 1-3. Do wish there was a little less luck involved in getting decent players in the earlier rounds
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think someone pulled a POT 15 in round 8 a few seasons back. So the luck portion of the draft kind of forces me to continue picking. Not a good prospect, but I still have my #8 from last season.

I will be pleasantly surprised if even one of the guys in the last three draft classes makes it to the major league squad. Haverhill lives and dies by waivers.

I also wish there was a little bit less luck in the draft, but there are others who wish there was more. So we know we can't make everyone happy ;)

Updated Friday, November 5 2021 @ 5:45:45 pm PDT
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, honestly, I've had decent luck this draft year.

My first 4 are probably gonna make the majors sometime, no. 5 is an edge case; could become a decent closer possibly. I got

So really, I was due some terrible choices.

But to compare, I only have my first pick from last year. He was the only guy I drafted in '51 who was 13 or above potential.

This year ALL of my first 4 draft picks were 13 or above. You win some, you lose some.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have had a very marginal draft this year. However, last year was solid, 3 of 4 2051 picks remain, #1 is the only sure bet to make the majors but others had proper builds, they just havent been improving on their weaknesses. So the picks were not mistakes, it just is what it is. This year has been different. #1-#3 have significant to major flaws. #5 might outlast all of them, if his fielding gets to outstanding and he can be an emergency backup to every key position.

I have never found anyone useful in rounds 6-8, but I have seen quite few on waivers/free agency that I have signed from those rounds, so people do find them.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Antonio Hernández was the best of the board.

Didn't work for me, but he's got a claim.

Updated Saturday, November 6 2021 @ 9:43:07 am PDT
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Brandenburg seems like a decent pick here, might even stick.

Previous Page | Show All |