Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> On the Finances   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, so, just interested in hearing how other people feel about balancing, profits and finances.

How far above 0 do Y'all feel like you need to be before You're comfortable with running at a loss?

I'm currently roughly breaking even, but I'm 45 million in the black, so I am beginning to wonder if I might be overcautious.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I am in the black 58.5. I was about 44 when I started playing, and of course loading up my team with developmental players helped that. But with 6 all-stars, I expect salaries to go way up next season
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, my team was... I think around +4-5 when I took them, and they'd been -10, -12-ish the start of the season (I took them right at the end of the playoffs of 2047).

So I've run pretty solidly in the black for '48, '49, and '50 (In LL6), then got boosted to keep a modest profit by the increased attendance in LL5 in '51. Now my wages have ballooned enough for me to roughly break even, so maybe it's a natural process.

Wages are set to fall, though. Some of my starters have clearly peaked.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
if my franchise is paying tax i don't mind running a loss...this year i figure to pay about $2 mil in tax

i keep a close watch on finances as i do a projected budget for the entire year and replace budgeted numbers with actuals throughout. I am projecting a small profit
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Winning cures all. Start spending.
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, gotta find someone worth the money, but I sure might need it to not fall back down into LL5 :D

Previous Page | Show All |