Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Training Settings?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Guys

Here's a strange one - at least for me.

I set training for pitching only this week, with nothing for batting/defence and all I got was 3-player pops...

All for batting - lol!

Has this happened to anyone else - and three pops usually get such a low number before flip?

Appreciate any feedback from the OG's

Cheers, and have a good weekend

Jm

electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Managers/and possibly now coaches are supposed to have little effect on training. Over the course of a season they, and training focus, may have a small effect. For the most part, players and pitchers work on all areas, and what you see today is the cumulative result.

Players 28 and under generally gain SI (if they can) through training and experience. The Development graph is handy to see what areas show the strongest gain
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Every player is training every week. The Training settings just provide an emphasis. So your pitchers would be putting a little more emphasis in training those particular skills (but still training all skills). Your hitters continued to train, just as a diminished capacity since all your emphasis was on pitching. So lets say they trained at 80% effeciency instead of 100%. All developing players gain some towards all their abilities every week. When the number gets high enough to "pop" a new SI number it shows up. So for instance, if a guy gains .02 in Hitting, and his SI raises from 10.49 to 10.51, he will now "pop" from 10 to 11. He still only got a tiny bit better though. If next week you put an emphasis on Hitting, he might gain .03. That would make him 10.54, but he would still only show 11 since he hasn't gained enough (11.5) to "pop" to the next whole number.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
related question - sorry to hijack

Here's a question re: training for the long-timers

per the manual

"Training: approximation of how much total training a player has accumulated." These words were in the part of the manual explaining the player data displayed for each player when you bring up his page -- this data is described between "Experience" and "Salary"

ONLY the "Training" is not on the player page. So my question: was that info once there and then was removed, but the manual not updated for the removal?

Anyone remember what happened and if that data told/was helpful?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Na. Its always been hidden. I think Steve added that recently after we frequently explained the break down of Training vs. Experience. Except the "Experience" on the player card is not the same as player "Experience" in SI growth... So kind of added in the wrong place. But generally the manual doesn't list the hidden traits, so I assume Steve just figured this was the best place to do it.

I'm pretty sure the terms "Experience" vs "Training" were originally coined in the community, while the "Experience" on the player card has been there forever. Which is why the overlap exists; it was our fault for overloading the term ;)

Updated Friday, October 22 2021 @ 4:51:58 pm PDT
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock, thanks for the response.

well, if "Training" has never been on the player page, nor are there plans to do so, the manual ought to have that sentence removed.

From looking at the rest of the items on the player page I believe "Training" was to show how many years ago the player was first signed by a franchise (that is, total years in BrokenBat, both Minors & Majors). But that information is available using the drop down boxes on the player page.

Updated Friday, October 22 2021 @ 10:12:35 pm PDT
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for that Rock, much appreciated.

I generally do a bit on each side - won’t put all my eggs next time

Jim

Previous Page | Show All |