Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Fishy Nunez way to the Majors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
atomic

Sunnyvale Rebels
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Drafted a POT 8 as the best (!) from a very, very bad potential wise board in the 3rd Round of 2047, Fishy had rather a chance to become a bat boy of the Rebel's organisation, than really take a shot at the Show. But the Rebels gave him a chance.

It was hard not to cut him because of his very slow development in his first 3 years in the minors. He only gained 5 SI!

After advancing to AA he must have realised that someone believes in his talent and he made a big jump: plus 10 SI in just 2 seasons.

This week he made a further step towards the majors, he got a recommendation for AAA. It's highly probable he will be promoted to AAA at the all star break.

Let's see how it goes on from here. If he makes it then of course only as a DH. But will he pop up to POT 11? I think that would be actualy groundbreaking and change the way one looks at the draft board in the future. What do you think?

https://brokenbat.org/player/267942

Updated Tuesday, October 19 2021 @ 2:24:39 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Most players grow slowly as teenagers. ~5 SI per season is generally the norm that I see after they get into their 20s (and forever there after). That is for hitters at least.

Updated Tuesday, October 19 2021 @ 3:07:49 pm PDT
atomic

Sunnyvale Rebels
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Finally, after 7 years, Luis "Fishy" Nunez arrived in the majors and had his first at bat. He came in as a pinch hitter for the starting DH in the 9th inning of an already decided game and flied out to right field.

He had a quite nice season last year in AAA, posting an OPS of .801. Unfortunately his potential stayed at 10, which means that his development is almost at max. It will be interesting to see how and if he'll be able to develop further. It's clear that right now he is pretty very far away from a starting job.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for sharing Fishy's exploits. Very interesting!

He could still get to 11, tho I think his written scouting and lethargic BC and FLD support 10. 17-6-16-16 could be a nice player.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
https://brokenbat.org/player/260150

My own version. Left handed, may reach 19 hitting, 19 BC, 15 PD at 88 SI. The main weakness is his bat has no pop at all, something you always want with DH's. After Cup season he will be back in AAA

Updated Wednesday, March 9 2022 @ 10:57:22 am PST
atomic

Sunnyvale Rebels
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Your Shane Collins is a real nice player. He has much better distribution of talent, I'd say. I think it's better to have such bat control instead of power. I think I would find a starting spot on my team for him :)
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@atomic i am inclined to agree with you.

I've only done a little scouting (spying) but it seems bat control/plate discipline is more associated with success than power & speed.

Don't have any proof just yet though, so take my input with a healthy amount of skepticism.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yup, building a Left handed DH/1B combo, Collins (and this guy): https://brokenbat.org/player/269633

Poor/atrocious fielding is almost a must (along with low range/arm) because you dont want anything to get in the way of the bat. Speed means absolutely zero to me (and is in fact a negative) unless it is coupled with efficient base stealing. Ya, slow guys might get thrown out some on a sac fly, but the SI they dont have in speed goes to more important things. It has no effect on hitting into DP's, that is all GB/FB.

Updated Thursday, March 10 2022 @ 2:56:38 pm PST
atomic

Sunnyvale Rebels
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Coach Jennings decided today that some changes have to be made to try to avoid relegation. The success of Rebels' team in this season is clearly negligible.

One of his decisions is to call up "Fishy" Nunez to the starting line up vs LHP. Fishy had some success vs LHP in his minors career and he showed in this year's cup run that there might be something to look at (6 hits from 18 AB). This might be the chance Fishy waited for so long. We'll see if he is able to take this chance.

Previous Page | Show All |