Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Why do pitchers in the minors play limited innings?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a guy in Rookie ball who has only played 2 innings this year (he is 18 years old), and a guy in A ball with no innings this year (19 years old). Can anyone explain why?

Updated Thursday, October 14 2021 @ 6:05:15 pm PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I dont know why. However i believe minor league training is not based on usage by the AI. If they are at the proper level, they get 100% of the training they would normally get
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It has to do with how the teams for minor league games are formed. Players get randomly (maybe distributed by position training) pooled into a team at their minor league level. Then the AI manager chooses who to play. Players who the AI consistently under-values will get left on the bench all the time.

It can be pretty annoying. One work around that has worked for me with guys in the upper minors is to demote them to lower minor teams during the week. That way they gather some stats (albeit at a lower level). Just make sure to get them promoted back to the correct level on Thursday night so that they get credit for minor league training at the correct level.

Rookie league guys you basically just have to wait until they promote to A.

EDIT: And yes it isn't supposed to have a huge impact on training (although it probably has a small impact on position training at least). This work around is more about if you want to get some stats to help you evaluate the players before deciding on cuts.

Updated Thursday, October 14 2021 @ 8:27:05 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |