Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Ugh...team roster flushes   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Sad to see this owner go out this way. I thought his team names were funny.
JJRR

Memphis Redbirds
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't see much difference between the luck involved with drafting a "Max Scherzer" as opposed to claiming one off waivers, so I'd be fine with leaving the players as they are.

I agree with Tamale. It's been a long time since I pulled a Sherzer in Draft or Waivers. It gives us bottom feeder FA hunters a shot, however low probability.

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help" doesn't play well. Let it run and put in drop restrictions next go around of manual revision if you deem needed.

Updated Monday, September 27 2021 @ 6:43:08 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Drop restrictions don't solve anything. Either they will stop us from cutting old washed up veterans, or they are too weak to prevent a team from cutting its superstars.

Just using manual DB calls to reverse malicious cuts is really the best.

The extra talent on waivers doesn't really help those of us who can't draft any decent players. That's really a fallacy. Its just as likely the guys who get lucky in the draft get lucky on waivers. I've played many many seasons without ever drafting a POT 16, and yet I've seen teams draft multiple POT 16s in a single season. More superstars on waivers just mean a more uneven distribution of talent. Its bad all around. A few folks will get lucky. Everyone else will just end up with a (relatively) weaker team.
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
I mean, it sucks when this happens, but you know... It'll sort itself out, some people might get lucky, and some will not. Such is baseball.

I agree that strengthening the manual wording to try and make it clear that this sort of thing won't be tolerated could be a good idea.

As for the restrictions: Considering I dumped basically my whole starting team soon after I took over (Okay, so they were all ancient and terrible and I did it over a week or so), I don't think the current restrictions are too bad. Probably okay as it is.

This is different from some guy getting a 2nd team just to dump everything, after all. This is a guy ragequitting. No way to plan for that, really.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Drop restrictions don't solve anything.

Drop restrictions seem like a nice safety valve to me (I was thinking 5). You can still cut your top players, but you can't burn your roster to the ground.

Either they will stop us from cutting old washed up veterans, or they are too weak to prevent a team from cutting its superstars.

This game is about long term planning. Putting yourself in a position where you have to cut 10+ "washed up veterans" in a day seems like poor planning to me. I don't have a problem being a bit punitive about that.

Really not a problem for a new team either. They've already got training wheels with the SI cut limit thing. May make them a little more thoughtful about who goes first. Cut your worst 5 today. Login in tomorrow for the next batch.

Also has a nice added benefit making waivers in general a little more thoughtful. I'm not sure we still have teams around that claim 20 players a day just to cut them the next morning, but that has been a thing in the past. If you can only cut 5 a day it would crimp bottom trawling.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Anyway, Reclaim has volunteered to rebuild one of the clubs (Flower Mount). Probably still going to demote this year though...

Steve
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be happy to rebuild the other team and relinquish once they are in good shape. Your call.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not talking about 10+ washed up veterans. I was referring to if veteran restrictions were applied the same way as newbie restrictions. Where you are not allowed to cut blatantly washed up guys. Its not a huge deal to have those restrictions on for a short period at the start, but imagine if you could never cut that 35 year old that just lost 20 SI over the break...

Maybe other teams are stronger than mine. But I feel like cutting my top 5 guys would pretty much burn the team to the ground ;)

The other question is how quickly would something be done? Would Steve monitor every team that makes 4-5 cuts and determine if they were dumping? Or would they only get a look after they had done this three days in a row (15 players). It just doesn't seem likely to prevent bad behavior. More likely to just create extra annoyance to people who are trying to play the game for real.

Updated Tuesday, September 28 2021 @ 2:13:22 pm PDT
timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Calculated my odds at getting one of the nine players I put a claim on at 17% currently (and falling).
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a less than 5% chance to get anyone

Previous Page | Show All |