Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> What is my problem?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I would make your ballpark a little bit larger. 24-25k
The extra revenue will help your finances and if you play over .500 should be a net positive.

That's not strictly true. The best ballpark capacity for LLVI is 22,500. If you check back your schedule from last season you'll see roughly 17 home games (out of 100: 80 league and 20 cup) where you sold more than 22,500 tickets.

That's also (roughly) 83 games where you DIDN'T sell that many tickets. Empty seats COST you money, so increasing your capacity when there's little real benefit will only hurt your finances, not help them.

Also, your hitters have a lot of bat control, plate discipline and power, but there's not much in pure hitting - which is the most important attribute of all for hitters. I'm surprised you've hit .260 as regularly as you have.

To me, you have too many old players. Old players cost money and there's no future in them - if they give you decent returns and you promote it just won't last. Your pitching isn't great - Brouwer, McLean? - and there's no upside there.

There is almost no point to playing anyone over age-28 in LLVI, unless they're a stud that you can afford (like Wheeler, who is a 1B/3B type; Range is the most important defensive attribute in the OF). You want young, developing (or newly-developed) players who will continue to improve, and (ideally) a pipeline of replacements behind them - which of course is easier said than done. Sometimes you have to play the hand you're dealt.

Updated Friday, September 24 2021 @ 12:27:13 pm PDT
realzachjr!

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the feedback it means a lot to me.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
22,500 is pretty good ballpark figure. My quick analysis indicates you started turning a tiny profit with seat block 23,000-23,500 last season. That was basically your break even point. You lost money on blocks of seats above that.

Ticket sales can be heavily influenced by team performance, so you can't count on them being the same year after year. So, this type of analysis should be taken with a grain of salt.
realzachjr!

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a question though. Have I been successful? Give me as much detail as you can.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
You really need to stabilize your finances this season. It's perhaps your most critical goal, since losses like you've had the past two seasons will cost you the team and that would definitely not be successful.

Otherwise, this is a long term game of incremental improvement. Like Seca said, your run so far really isn't bad. There's no one measure of success, but I think you should work toward gradually improving your team in a sustainable fashion that allows you to promote to higher leagues.
realzachjr!

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That makes a lot of sense.
realzachjr!

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What are my chances of winning my division this season?
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Trust me you're doing pretty good. I bounced back and forth between V and VI for quute a few seasons, then stayed in V for 5/6 seasons, then up and down IV and V and now 4 seasons strictly in IV. It's a slow building and learning process
realzachjr!

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the tips and to be honest you are successful in your own right.
realzachjr!

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I am going to rebuild my pitching staff because that is where a lot of the big contracts are and I need to build money up fast so I will be releasing a few pitchers and nobody is being spared.

Previous Page | Show All |