Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Potential Decrease   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My Rookie of the Year http://brokenbat.org/player/267204 just got a potential decrease down to 11. I am unsure what his development will look like now, I was confident he was going to be a solid hitter. Does anyone have predictions about what he'll shape out to be, or should I let him go?

Updated Wednesday, September 22 2021 @ 11:06:11 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Good signs:
- added 7 SI last season, development graph still climbing nicely
- "good" potential better than "above average". Sketchy tho. 11 is within "good"'s spectrum

Bad signs:
- has reached (or almost reached) the median values for his scouted skills (15 hit, 11 power). Could well keep going, but wouldn't be a surprise if those skills slowed soon.

Could be a top end 11 or low end 12 (93-96 SI). If it was me I wouldn't let the drop discourage me. Potential gets you on the roster. Performance keeps you on the roster.

I would be more focused on his performance. His stats feel a little empty to me. Not a great on base %. Not great speed or power (mostly singles). No gaudy risp to suggest "clutch". Not providing great defense.

I'm a bit down on him, tho not from the pot drop. And perhaps unfairly. Very normal to see disastrous rookie seasons in Waterloo and still get invited back.

Previous Page | Show All |