Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2052 Offseason   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Been a while since I've worried about what was going to the happen with salaries.

Banda got paid! 5.45 mill makes him the 9th highest paid pitcher in the game (2nd highest paid starting pitcher).

He deserves it, and worth every dollar from the team side. :)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
* "Old Man" Houser didn't lose much on the surface. Arguably, one could see signs of rust last season, but he'll basically have to have a 2045 for me to even think of cutting him. Optimally will retire a career Raven.

* Reynolds lost a POT. Disappointing but not entirely surprising. He'll still hold down LF vs righties in the near future. Wheatley down a notch too, but he was already fringey. The drop to 10 just sealed the cut. But SP Arenado up one! He has a long ways to go yet, but have hopes for a #3 SP out of him still.

Updated Sunday, September 19 2021 @ 6:04:07 am PDT
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Uneventful off-season on the most part for us, Navarro unsurprisingly gained a POT, Vélez lost another SPD and I have to wonder how long he’ll be a threat on the baspaths. No replacements for a while though so I guess we’ll see. Gil lost 5 and he may be done, but I’d rather not think that.

De Smet went down 4 but he still has a lot left in him. Had the best GB/FB of his career last year (1.71), got over 200 innings again, and had the best HR rate of his career (13 IP/homer), and had a winning record. And to cap off the declines, Wikins lost 1 SPD, which given his skill set, is perhaps the least important thing.

The only major changes in salary was that Solis’ salary finally came back down to early and Flanagan got a good raise as well.
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Carson Sprague keeps getting raises and now earns a pretty $4.35M, but hey, after his 5th straight All-Star games, and 4th straight All-League nomination, he's worth it.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
@ lostraven

Cool to see Houser hanging in there. Hardy pitched effectively through his age 36 season (at Legends level). I've missed having an old warhorse. Maybe Banda assumes the role.

@ NotGood88

I can't remember the days when I thought 1.35 was a big salary. :) Your accountant may want to stock up on Pepcid.

@ Chicken Fillet

Sprague looks awesome. Dinos used a closer last season for the first time since ... 2018. :) It honestly added a lot of excitement and enjoyment to the games. Worth a few extra bucks in salary.

So. Waterloo's big, potentially season determining decision is whether to use the ravaged Johnny Smash at DH or cut him and turn the job over to Fredrick.

Fredrick is already behind, and really can't afford a season on the bench. French is likely to regress to something closer to his career numbers this season (or worse with all the red arrows).

Is it madness to move on from French and give his job to a 27 year old with 83 SI?
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball

@ NotGood88

I can't remember the days when I thought 1.35 was a big salary. :) Your accountant may want to stock up on Pepcid.

It’s big when your stadium is only 18,000 people :)
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe. Indeed! Sort of strange how the economic side of the game only significantly affects the 2 extreme ends of the spectrum (Legends and VI).

Another one of the things I don't like about managers is how 8 million dollar guys seem to find their way to VI teams (not referring to Prattville). The carnage they must cause.

The more I think about the Dino problem, the more I think we just lump French in LF again this season. I try to draw a line in the sand when it comes to defense, but may be ok to make the odd exception (especially if I play someone who can shag 'em in RF).
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
I had 7 batters who started games last season lose speed. All of them are 30 and above.

My worries from last season that my core was beginning to age was unfounded, because I somehow stormed straight through LL5 and upwards (Still very surprised that that happened), but...

When your 2B, 3B, DH, backup C/OF, best OF bat and 2 rotation OF players all drop in speed, that is... Very worrisome.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
If I am not mistaken, speed only affects taking the extra base, stolen bases, scoring on a SF. WHat it doesnt affect at all is apparently double plays (GB hitters - fielding) or getting on base on an infield hit (also fielding). So if someone has to lose something speed is at the top of the list. Nonetheless...
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Nonetheless it's a sign that I need to prepare for a future without several of those people.

Previous Page | Show All |