Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Sigh. My 23 year old SS has now lost 1 from arm and range since birth.

Third update this year Waters has gained 3+ attribs in one update, for a total of 12 SI this year. He may not be ready for the majors yet at 21, but he'll be ready sometime!

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Not to make things worse for Rodriguez, but some guys start dropping range ~28-29. He's starting to look like a pylon.

I think it's important to have defensive thresholds to target, but at key positions you want to overshoot. 15 range is about the lowest I can tolerate at SS. Means I don't really want prospects with less than 17 given potential refinements and early degradation.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Waters interestingly gained one on arm this season, which I thought would happen when he was closer to max SI. Well I have to tolerate who I have to tolerate. SS situation is no good at all. I could handle having "Roy Smalley" if he raked at the plate, but Rodriguez does not.

Updated Friday, September 10 2021 @ 6:13:52 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Change in Arm or Range are due to ratings becoming "less fuzzy". Meaning the player's abilities didn't change, just your view of the player's abilities. It can happen at any time, but usually it happens earlier in their career rather than later.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@eel - I know the feeling. I drafted stud SS prospect De Lucia way back in 2034, a third round steal with that report. I didn't know how that profile was going to fit into a 14 POT, but soon enough he dropped a point of Range (15->14)and Arm (17->16), which suddenly made him less of an enticing SS prospect, even though the glove and bat were plenty good enough.

So, despite a very good 2040 season I started moving him off SS in 2041 because I thought Kirby would help my defence more. Kirby however turned out to be no great shake with the bat, and his all-around game was more of a hindrance than a help.

Then it was Casey's turn, at least against RHP, so De Lucia only played SS against LHP, until I moved him to the OF. Casey was good enough, but what has struck me since is...

...why the heck didn't I play De Lucia full-time at another position? From 2042-44 he played the equivalent of slightly over one full season of games. Other than 2043's small sample size (a criminal error on my part) he has absolutely raked at all levels. His career numbers would have been up there for our team alongside Galactus.

Live and learn...

Updated Saturday, September 11 2021 @ 5:43:18 am PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well the problem is starvation lol.

Lopez, IF he had been trained at SS a lot earlier in his career might have been an OK backup. But he's 30, has a 1.4 position rating, and has committed 14 errors as well as not offering much offense.

So I have Rodriguez and nobody, and Rodriguez I have been training at 2B but cant really use him there. I have Zavala in the minors, but he is not exactly tearing it up with the bat and wouldnt have been dropped by Concord if he was that good, right? xD

I go back and forth on whether to drop Lopez or not. I feel like I might win 60-70 games next year, so maybe it doesnt even matter. Zavala might well be ready to play by the time I am more competitive.

Its like being poked in the eye with sharp knives that I dont feel like I can draft a Pitcher in the high rounds in the upcoming draft. I need some middle infield reinforcements, even 3+ seasons away from the majors.

Previous Page | Show All |