Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2051 World Classic   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Nimbrel

Midland Outlaws
V.12

Broken Bat Baseball
36 year old Ari Adrei pitching for Israel, his 17th straight season doing so. Though never a star in the US, he will retire a nation hero back home.

Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Vojtěch Krejcí has made his fifth straight Czech Republic national team. Considering you pretty much only need to exist in the game to play on the Czech Republic national team, it's not that big of an accomplishment, but we'll take it!
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
After having his best season with ERA and win-loss, only just declined Vincent De Smet will make his 7th World Classic team, once again as the ace. Also, Azriel David joins Israel, which has never made a World Classic appearance. To the surprise of approximately no one, they won't make it this year, either.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
To the surprise of no one, not only is not only on the Peppers good enough to play major league baseball, but also there are no Peppers playing in the World Classic
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Dominican Republic defeats Puerto Rico! Venezuela downs Mexico too! Cuba boots South Korea! All in round #1...

Maybe United States vs. Venezuela is the best of round #2.

Steve
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice to see Canada get by Costa Rica. Can't read a game report with Belanger in it without thinking of MukilteoMike (especially when he goes full Christmas tree, which is fairly often).

My boy Armenta is getting the call for Panama! Solid 6/15 with 3 doubles in the first series. Today they take on ... Canada. Should be fun. I can't lose!
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm delighted to finally see Kaczmarek finally get some real playing time for the Polish national team. He played pretty well, too, although World Classic numbers don't really mean anything.

In the 2050 World Classic, the team played some light-hitting middle infielder out of position at first base. Yeah, Woźniak has more SI than Kaz. However, between build differences and position knowledge, he was probably a worse offensive and defensive player at first than Kaz. It didn't make sense to me that Michac was riding the bench instead, but the crazy thing is I suspect he still would be if Piotr was on the national team again.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Was nice to see Canada get by Panama. DR was too much for the Canucks tho.

A familiar final match-up. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
They actually took two from DR which is no small feat. Good run!

Updated Thursday, July 8 2021 @ 3:23:34 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Indeed! Not quite 2025-2026, but we'll take it.

Grats to the US champs!

This game has me wondering if World Classic rosters should carry 13 P. Collazo got left out for 15 runs due to fatigue/pitching roles. But only 1 reliever had more than light fatigue (Covarrubias; Arroyo and Herrera had started the previous 2 games).

If not a 13th arm maybe assign more MR/LR guys and fewer setup men.

Previous Page | Show All |