Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2051 Prospect Rankings   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Dino prospect rankings are mildly depressing. Top 3 names are all guys I think I should cut (blocked or bad). #4 is good. #5 was a 1-claimer from last season.

At the bottom of the list is poor Wallace and his 26.7 rating. He might be the best bat of the whole bunch.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I know that feeling. I have 18 guys in my minors and I know most of them will be cut pretty soon, just gave them some time in the minors and wanted to see what happened.

Machado is currently 10th in the Global Top 100, but that'll change when his POT drops to 11/12. Looking like a cut.

#2 is Goodwin was in my minors before I got here. just dropped from 15 POT to 13 POT which I expected. He'll still be a solid player to keep.

#3 goes to Vasquez who also was in my minors before I got here. I'll probably keep him as well, nice little 2b guy.

#4 is Dominquez who is a 6 claimer I picked up. Been wanting to play with lefty pitchers so I'm keeping him for now.

Last but not least is my 1st round pick from this year Williams. Future C/OF combo depending on where my team is in 4-5 seasons. He's a keeper.

Not pretty, but it's what i've gotten playing in my 2 month return. The grind continues! :)

Ah, I forgot about my bottom feeders Zavala and Bell finishing 17th and 18th respectively. I can't give up on them.. they have... potential!

Updated Saturday, July 3 2021 @ 6:18:01 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My prospects are looking pretty abysmal as well...

I'm not a big fan of my #1 ranked prospect Jake Fisher. But sadly, he really is the best prospect at this point :(

Even more depressing, 10th ranked, 10 POT Bart Noble is probably my second best prospect...

8th ranked Antonio Arellano popped to a 13 POT this season, so there is a little excitement there. But its hard to get overly excited about an offensive oriented LF with "Above Average" Power.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Wallace, was of course, brought to BB by the Peppers. xD
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Right there with you, Orion Chili Peppers. Even as to name and mascot. 1+ month playing and churning, so much churning. My team was so bad I didnt even have to bother staying competitive, I could just focus on guys for the next 2-3 years.

#1 draft pick (by someone else) and #1 Prospect McCann. 86.5 rating (37th overall global - which I am sure means squat). Solid player though. Future C/RF maybe.

(P - Olivera) is next highest at 64.5. Went from 14-13 at some point in past.

5 of 11 were inherited. My 6 present additions vary from 36.8 (OF-Vincent) to 53 (soon to be gone - 3B Fogarty).

Updated Saturday, July 3 2021 @ 7:06:50 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Heh. Hadn't noticed that about Wallace.

When your speed, range and arm sum to less than 20, you aren't exactly toolsey. Prospect ranking is justifiably unimpressed. But we like him. Still determining how we might get him some ABs this season.
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My top prospect is apparently my boy Elwood Blake, ranked 30th global with a rating of 87.4. That man is bound to eventually gain a POT point.

I'm also high on my #2 Daniel Gage with his 74.4 rating and Mitchell Fulmer and his 73.3 rating in 3rd place. But then again, I'm easily thrilled.

Actually, after a few cuts this morning, I'm pretty satisfied with our 18 guys in the minor, with our worst rating being Kirk Stump at 46.2. He's mainly sticking around because he can be a very good hitter, so that could be interesting, although he hasn't shown much progression since we've drafted him 4 years ago, so he could be an early season casualty.

Updated Saturday, July 3 2021 @ 10:31:11 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Just discovered the Global button thanks to you guys. :)

Hutson does sneak into the top 100 at 98. May as well get some props now, as he'll be pushed off with round 1 and isn't likely to be good.

Previous Page | Show All |