Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2050 Minor League Players of the Year   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for posts! Game is even more fun with a bit of narrative.

Dino brass loves Madden. Lately we've had trouble finding guys that look like OFers. I'd be optimistic Madden is better than an 11, and will have more than enough bat to justify that D.

55 SB on a guy who wants to play C. :) Shame he doesn't have hit scouting, but 10 in rookie ball is encouraging.

Gomez is going to be a star. :o

Really nice season from Rojas. One thing catches my eye is that he has held RHB down. Dinos Silinas is similar. Think sometimes LHP fatten minor league stats against LHB, and then struggle against more savily built human batting orders.

Looks like Brady is already getting a chance. :) Would worry me a bit at 2B, but that bat will play at any position.

Very nice rookie campaign by Machado. Terrific asset. For some reason there's a voice in my head warning me that his fielding skill may disappoint. I'm assuming SS is his pathway. If he were a Dino we might have him train OF as his second position. Probably undue caution.
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I'm in the process of moving Brady to the field.
And you're right, he's getting his shot already. Angel Cantu was struggling recently so we decided to give Brady a try instead. Both will be in the lineup next season though!

Updated Wednesday, June 23 2021 @ 1:40:53 pm PDT
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Playing the waiting game on #5 BB global prospect Home Run Ron Payton to arrive. 20 HR seasons at A, AA, and AAA. Has the highest SI of any 20 year old in BB right now. He is a five-tool guy (can hit, hit 4 power, speed, fielding, arm) and projected to play at 3B. Excitementing.

http://brokenbat.org/player/266759
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh wow, your post just made me check, and my Elwood Blake has the highest SI of any player 17 and under! Interesting!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Payton looks unfair... Glad I will be demoting before I have to face him :p
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
This was my best draft since the unreal '41 class. Madden may end up being the best of the bunch. I don't think I've had an L/L CF who can hit show up on a draft board maybe ever. Happy to have him. His numbers are very encouraging and I'm pretty optimistic that his POT is gonna go in a good direction.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Payton looks unfair

Haha! What's he missing? Aside from all the stuff that is written ...

Stolen base gene? Check.
Launch angle? Check.
Clutch? RISP 40 points higher. Check.
Platoon split? Dead even. Check.

Given his current skills his potential might be underselling him. I'm scared to look at Denver's roster to see what is pushing him off SS. :)
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Milb.tv says

Daniel "Not him" DeJesús

Him would be (same name)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
That (not that) guy sure hits good for not being able to hit good.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Much like he fields poorly for being amazing.
(nm .. thinking of the other guy ;) )

Getting ahead of myself, but I miss the old surf club.

"Barefoot" Cary Jernigan
Steve "The Flyin Hawaiian" Iwakuma
Kaniela "Kahuna" Keahi

Updated Friday, June 25 2021 @ 11:14:46 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |