Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2050 Transactions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Kaplan is very nice. I might have missed him. Not sure. 3 keeps on the season suggests a strong/stable roster.

(And no posting draftees! That's another thread. :) ).

Broussard is going to have a tough time supplanting Gage. One of the knocks we had on Brady was that, as a defensive oriented SS, he "only" has solid fielding. Flynn has made us really appreciate having more leather at short.
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, Flynn might definitely have spoiled you at the position! What a career!
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I will be watching Miles closely as I twiddled my thumbs for a week on him while I kept spots open for waivers and stuck with dead weight. I have a feeling Miles is going to be a lot better than you predict xD. Hes given up 6 friggin HR in 152 innings with good control....not that I know much about these things.

Got some promotion recommendations, so Lagos is heading up to the bigs again and I fully expect him to suck. All the attribs and none of the production lol. *cough cough. Never seen any careers like that before lol

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
you have been spoiled at the position

Indeed.

Dinos have been fortunate to always have a star player. Hardy into McCarty into Flynn.

My son actually asked me last night who my best player is. I started to say Flynn and stopped. Not sure. Entering into uncharted territory with no marquee.
tamale

Concord Jets
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I like Miles, but there’s a difference between preventing HRs at A-ball and even AA and AAA, let alone the majors. Some guys can maintain the rate, but many others can’t. Apart from the HRs (and maybe just as importantly), the main attractions to Miles were his K%-BB% which looks promising especially for a lefty, and the fact that he gained 10SI one season. Those were the key reasons I signed him – not just the HRs.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well yes, there were several things there in my view as well. Combing the waiver wire of practically every name made his potential look all the better
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Miles has great numbers. My biggest concern with guys like him would be his SI cap. He will likely cap his SI pretty quickly in the majors. So he might not be able to translate entirely. He could be a super star in AAA, but then not get there in the majors. Or maybe he does. Who knows.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well of course thats possible. Most of the pitchers with any upside at all on the Waivers are 11's. Some used to be 12's. I myself have dipped rather heavily in it. I will say, based on results so far, I may have zero idea what I am doing lol. My minors has some of these guys and some are on the big team. Most had very little/0 major league experience and control issues (again that is whats available for the most part).

A couple of them are doing fairly well so far. Too early to tell really. My major league churning is earlier in the thread, as far as the minor leagues, here are the new guys since I have taken over

Adrian Higgins, Bob O'Neill, Wilson Fogarty, Andrew Vincent, Jaylen McNeill, Julio Fossas, Joel Kingman, Edward Goodson. Goodson (waivers - 4 claims)

I have dumped a few people in the minor leagues that I am not playing and will cut as soon as I can, but who remains from before other than them is Alex Olivera, Tony Rodriguez, Sergio Arriaga, Mel Donaldson, Rene Reyes, Jeff McCann, Alberto Mares.

Lagos was recommended to be called up and the first four guys of the remainder are ready/close to ready to be be called up and push for a spot.

Updated Friday, June 18 2021 @ 11:53:38 am PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
The day Ive been waiting for...

Brendan Combs OF 23 Released
Mario Perez OF 28 Released
Andres Iglesias OF 30 Released
Marco Perea 2B 21 Released
Emiliano Medoza C 31 Released
Harvey Cammareri P 28 Released
Héctor Torrez P 27 Released
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wins (2 or more claims): 6
Gonzales (12). A flyball hitter without a position, not sure about him but might make a backup 1B.
Hutchins (see Revolving doors, 4). Hutchins lasted three weeks but might make a bullpen guy.
Siegl (8). Siegl was the first grab in this season's desperate hunt for pitching.
Higdon (2). Higdon looked a nice guy to plug in at 2B and played well in his 10 games for us, but I decided at that point to get younger (and cheaper).
Kwiatkowski (8). Pickings must have been slim for this guy to have 8 claims, as an above average pot. First season was okay though.
Hillary "Rod Ham" Clinton (3). I know, I'm hilarious! Gave me some good performances.
Rosado (7). Needs to play but I haven't found a space for him (yet).

Freebies (1 claimers, FA): 8
Anderson. Wanted 3B depth/youth.
Hanlon. Best transaction by far! A FA signing who had been played at the wrong position, should always have been a 1B. Started well but finished badly, but I'm expecting big things in 2051.
Leon. Another FA, flyball hitter who should show more power going forward.
Jelly. ANOTHER FA, flyball hitter but this one is an older 2B with no PD. Still like him.
Farr, Lopez. Two slightly older prospects who just needed playing time. Results were terrible but the need was desperate and they should be better going forward.
Brenner. Like the two above but with better results.
Barrett. Nothing to shout about but nice guy to have on the bench.

Safe to say I like my FA signings more than my waiver claims!

Revolving Doors (signed this season, cut this season): 8
Hutchins.
Kelly. Another desperation pitching signing, didn't make it. Bad control guys rarely work for me.
Baez. Just meh.
Townsend. Too many 1B/DH types on the roster.
Hunter, Mejia. When you cut vets you sign any youth who might turn into a passable starter, and some don't work.
Maya. Pitched well but cut because he'd already capped.
Rose. Think he has a shot but I needed the roster space.

Releases of Note: 6
Henry. Largely underwhelmed over six seasons as a Lancer after being a 2nd rounder, cut him and of course he became an All-Star.
Siegl. First great hitter, prolific slugger I drafted, moved out for youth.
Dorn. Just didn't see a future.
Lockwood. My season would have been a lot less stressful if I'd hung on to him, but he was just too expensive. Worked out for me anyway. Part of the purge of veterans that included...
Enriquez, who had one terrific season for us but was too costly for more than that.
Death Angel. Really thought he would be my 3B of the future/present, but other than some power in the minors it was never there. So disappointing.

Updated Friday, July 2 2021 @ 4:28:58 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |