Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Pitcher Run Support   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ive noticed some of my pitchers get so lucky and some pitch gems but lose or get no decision.

For instance in my aces last start he threw a perfect game through 7.1 innings yet somehow gets a no decision allowing 1 run on 1 hit. This is a theme for this guy as his era every year is stellar yet somehow he gets so many no decisions. Ive had other guys with ERA in the high 4s win 20+ games.

Do any other people have any of their pitchers who are seemingly unlucky.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is the story of my guy Myung Dae Yoon. Last season he had a 2.60 ERA in DVI, probably a 20 game winner... nope 10-8. THis season he's 5-2 with a 2.50 ERA and a filthy .171 VRHB but in every close game whenever a half decent lefty comes to plate, instant hit.

Whenever I find another starter he'll probably end up being my setup guy against righties but today I'll have to deal with no decisions and left handers owning him late in games.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Look at Max Scherzer with the Tigers (in MLB)...he's 17-1 with a good ERA of 2.57, but what's really helping is the 6+ run support per game.

Steve
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Clayton kershaw leads the MLB in Era yet is like 10-7 . Another example is Strasbourg with the nats. Very strong era yet 6-9 losing record.
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
This guy (Lance Sims) has a bad ERA (4.62)

But every time he goes out there my team is furious and hits, gets like 5+ run support and that is why he's 4-1

Though my ace manny bailey doesn't get much help, even though his ERA has been wacky this season he doesn't get much run support, thats why he has a 3-5 record when Bailey is clearly beeter then sims.

Prince Bonner has a nice ERA but doesn't get much run support, thats why he has no decisions.

Theres the Bay City Lions story of Pitchers......
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Another real life example of this is Chris Sale of the Chicago White Sox. 6th in the AL with a 2.77 ERA but has a record of 7-11, and just last week won his first start in over a month despite being consistently solid. Baseball is crazy sometimes

Updated Monday, August 12 2013 @ 8:10:57 pm PDT
ianheath653

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This game is the season so far in a nutshell for my team: http://brokenbat.org/game/1016824
The pitcher lost a complete game one hitter. Argh.
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your pitcher should be pretty filthy. Just a testament to the importance of movement for pitchers. You might be able to pitch a pellet at light speed but if it don't move, goes out as fast as it comes in.
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Once again, Bay City Lions lose a close one, again with the opponents winning runs coming in the 8+ inning, man i need more pitching staff. : s

Previous Page | Show All |