Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> GB/FB   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Got a player who has a GB rate of 3.67. He has a 16 hit tool, potentially a great hitter, who thus far in his career has not hit for high average. Thoughts?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hicks.

One of the plaques hanging in GM Seca's office reads "Every great hitter is worth a look."

You are right that his GB:FB is a bit of a red flag. Gives a sense of average launch angle, and Hicks' isn't great. He isn't likely to leverage his decent power as much as he could.

And he's got replacement level speed. Meh speed and meh power suggests his average may be a little empty even when he does start making better contact.

Still ... great hitting can be great hitting. He's still developing, and only has 400 AB under his belt. Once he settles in at 3B he could be decent there.

I would have him in the "worth a shot" category. Likely not your biggest concern, but keep your eyes open for something better.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well its a process lol. a band aid if you will. What is needed from C/3B is to rake!! lol. So I could deal with Hicks bad defense at 3rd, low speed if he rakes. He is a S who isnt horrible against RHP. I have high hopes for Crowley, and he is also S, is more useable at C and is among the players I am churning to see who will be part of the 2051 Peppers. He is hitting fine and has a 44% CS, but I am hoping his hit tool gets a couple more points on it. His GB/FB over his career is 1. Quite excited about him thus far. Ideally Brandt (AAA) starts hitting and can come up and play C. Then Hicks could be gently nudged into the Waivers. Or if his hitting improves he could be a back of the roster guy (like Armendáriz kinda is) I like to keep a few switch hitters around and he is also my fastest player. Though he could also be pushed off at some point

Previous Page | Show All |