Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Strong Arm, Good Range, Good Fielding   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
What exactly does this mean? Does anyone know the minimum/optimal values for each position?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I assume those terms are from the Rules?

A big part of the game/fun here is figuring out what those terms mean. Even after many years of play, if you ask 5 experienced managers you would likely get 5 different responses.

For me, "good" means 15. I try to have that much range on my middle infielders and outfielders, that much arm on my RF and 3B. More is better.

But every manager develops their own thresholds through experience. And then you get into territory where a player is close (eg., a 12 arm 3B), and you have to ask yourself if his other assets offset the small shortfall.

Leads to a lot of fun decisions (victories and disasters). :)
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Fair enough. 14 arm would be fine for me at 3B (12 Fielding/12 range). Like Catcher, First Base, its more of a hitting position to me. For C I want a 16 arm. 1B I merely try to have someone who throws LH. SS I want 16/16/16. Hitting .200 isnt ideal, but would be acceptable for a great fielding SS. I am sure its a crappy strategy, but my 32 win team has no problem plugging players with no experience there if they meet the A/F/R. Thing. Right now I am playing a 1B in the outfield because either I am an idiot or it will help him find a more suitable position on my team lol
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Sounds like you have very good knowledge of baseball. Those values seem like excellent starting points.

Look forward to seeing what you can do with your team. Appears you have some work to do. :)
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
7-8 in last 15 games. One of my favorite things to happen so far was the ending of a 10-9 win over Knoxville.

Bottom 9: Marquez allows a passed ball. Armendariz comes in to score. Crowley advances to second base.
Knoxville 9, New Braunfels 10

I'll be practicing my crying though. I am sure it will be needed

Previous Page | Show All |