Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Opinions please   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
ID #257836 This player is being recommended for the big show. While I like his low HR ratio, I'm much more inclined to leave him in AAA for the rest of this season. Thoughts please
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That guy is absolutely not ready for the big leagues. I have players that are much more ready that I'm leaving in AAA until the end of the season because they didn't play that much in AAA so far.

I'd keep him a while longer in the minors. He's already not doing that well in AAA, I can't see him succeeding with his current stats on your team. I'd give him at least another year in the minors before calling him up, whatever the recommendations tell you.

Updated Sunday, June 6 2021 @ 5:41:25 pm PDT
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
here's what i do: if the player looks like he will be a star (two or three favorable scout comments, a 14 or more potential) i will move him up right away, making room even if it costs me games--i stunted a few players when starting out that could have been regulars or better.

if the player figures to be a regular but not a star i wait for a temporary need then fit him in, often as an injury replacement for a couple of times...eventually a place will open up for him if i've managed my organization correct

Updated Sunday, June 6 2021 @ 6:45:40 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't rush him. Especially given he only has 68 SI right. That's a good way to stunt players,
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Arias

I'm with Rock. The dude is very young, and has had relatively little minor league development. By far the greatest risk of stunting is due to missing training. Keep him in the minors for at least the rest of the season and the first training update next season (while making sure he gets plenty of spring training innings).
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys. Confirmed the direction I was leaning

Previous Page | Show All |