Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> What would you do? VG hitter comment, 9POT   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
chris_smeaton

Garden Grove Highlanders
VI.9

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a prospect with 9 POT but the following comments: : He can be a very good hitter. He can develop into a decent slugger. He has decent speed..

Would you keep and develop him? (DH position as he has a negative fielding comment)

Worth keeping to see what he turns into?
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
I would.

Depending on exactly how bad his fielding is, could maybe take 1B in an injury emergency.

I'm trying the same thing atm. Well, he's a 10POT, my guy, but still not necessarily gonna light anything on fire. VG hitter, Decent slugger, not very fast. Yeah sure, put something like that in at DH or, as I said, 1B (depending). If he's slow, just don't have him lead off to get on base.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Adams

It depends on your roster. The more room / flexibility you have, the more of an opportunity you can give him.

Works somewhat like RL baseball. Prospects with lots of potential get more slack when it comes to minor league performance. Guys like Adams get none - he needs to put up excellent minor league stats to be worth keeping.

He doesn't have to DH. Has the range and arm to play and OF corner. Fielding won't hurt him as much out there.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, plenty of Range for corner. I might even put him in CF, but I have very low standards compared to most.

The "above average overall potential" potential would be more concerning for me than the 9 POT. Both yellow flags. Means he is a borderline guy. But stats are king for me. If he can perform, he could have some use. Like Seca said, depends if you have the room, but he will always be hovering around the cut line.

TLDR - Its possible he could be useful in the OF, but he has lots of yellow flags.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I think there's a decent chance this guy is actually better than 9 POT. I took a gamble on a similar player in Kaczmarek. He was showing 9 when I drafted him, but I felt like he had very good odds of adding to that. It turns out he was an 11 POT, and there's certainly a chance that an 11 POT with the right build can be a good DH. Kaczmarek hasn't shown much at the big league level yet, but I think he can.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would agree. Decent odds he is at least a POT 11. But that still makes him borderline in my book. Adams has a great corner OF build, so I wouldn't even consider him anywhere else (except for CF if you are a glutton for punishment like Haverhill ;)).

Updated Friday, May 28 2021 @ 3:49:49 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |