Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> What if it's the coach's fault?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So I'm in the same position most everyone else is from I've been hearing. My players are developing too dog gone fast in the minors. Each week now reading my training report is like reading a financial report, that's how long it is constantly. IMO, the managers with skill focuses are causing this. I don't know if someone can do a study, but I'm pretty confident I'd be proven right. Question is, how do we put the genie back in the bottle?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure what you are complaining about? My training reports have been very sparse for the last few season. And my manager is supposed to be good at development. I would be thrilled if my players were developing as fast as yours. Why would you want to get rid of the genie?
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
In all Conspiracy we have current manager "The Lion" with "The Vultures" a pitcher who never gets run support is it coaching or my offense is never hitting when my pitcher comes in to start???
Confused about what to do I am fireing!
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
What I'm saying is many many owners are having problems with players advancing thru the minors too quickly and making it where they either have to let go of players in their prime still to make room in the majors for them or let a promising prospect go instead
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Got it. Yeah, they are advancing fast (but not growing fast for me ;)). I think that is more due to tweaks Steve made in to the AI for recommendations (which is probably based on the testing he did in the Mexico league (given how those minor leaguers were treated). So I suspect its more about an engine tweak than a coach tweak.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally, I've been holding guys back for a little longer than the AI recommends. Especially when it recommends guys jump a level.

Previous Page | Show All |