Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2050 draft round 4   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You picked up Tony Báez, who's 12 years older than Tony Sáez!
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Oops. My bad xD at least it wasnt Joan Baez

Updated Tuesday, June 8 2021 @ 5:28:10 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha! There have been times this season where it felt like Joan Baez was on the mound for the Dinos. More rust than diamonds.

I was curious what other folks have thought of the Asian pool this season. I picked up Shosei off waivers, and Surakiart off free agency. I am a nosy neighbor and snoop around my leaguemates drafts. The only Asian pool draftee I saw was Yoon that the Carp found in round 1.

All these guys seem underdeveloped for their age and placement. Likely just small sample shenanigans. But thought I'd ask if others had noticed anything.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I picked up Soma Ando. 2050 #1 pick of Glendale Marshals. They released him after 2 months, and he has been a free agent since, so no one wanted him lol. My friend, who plays the Joliet Blues told me he's trash lol I told him if he makes it I will change his nickname to "Trash Man" in his honor haha

Good comments. low stats also. I like that not many points are wasted on fielding. I am using him as a LH setup. 2.1 innings so far (not a lot of close games for the Peppers - 22 saves in 2050 and 10 blown saves) ERA of 0, GB 1.33

Updated Wednesday, June 9 2021 @ 5:22:35 am PDT

Updated Wednesday, June 9 2021 @ 5:29:19 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha! I read that nickname and hear Scatman John in my head. With a little tweaking might be a good walk up song for him.

He's ... sketchy. Dinos have been desperate for fresh arms this season. But not Ando desperate.

That is what I'm talking about tho. Those pitching skills are closer to what I'd expect on a 21 year old in AA than a 25 year old ready for the bigs.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, that is basically what my friend told me, 25 and only 3 more years left on development. So what he actually does in the bigs will be the thing. Left handed set up man would work fine for me.

Quality of pitchers on waivers has seemed very, very low to me, meaning many teams struggle to find pitchers. Unfortunately every hold-over I have remaining from the wreckage left by my predecessor is not cuttable. So its hard to get P the work they need. Olivera and Lagos are not showing much in the minors, but will no doubt be part of the '51 Big Team. I dont have any great arms below them in the minors, just a few mediocre prospects. So churning through waiver pitchers is necessary, but hard to do because I cant deal with any more un-cuttable guys lol

Updated Wednesday, June 9 2021 @ 6:40:04 am PDT
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah there's absolutely nothing redeeming about Ando, besides the fact that he was drafted in the 1st round for some reason. Must have been a really horrible board to come out of it with a 60 SI 25 years old pitcher with 12 POT. There are a few half decent younger pitchers on FA right now. Well, at least more decent than Ando. You should check them out.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I generally have a lot of luck pulling quality pitching off waivers with very little competition. For me its hard to figure out which guys to let go of.

In generally, this time of year there is going to be a less out there though (both hitting and pitching).

Early in the season is when you will see the most valuable players getting dropped. And then near the end of the waiver deadline you might see some good veterans getting dropped by team who are no longer in contention. Mid-season the draft talent is a little lower (but you can still find gems).
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I just got this guy on Waivers yesterday. He has potential, but he's super young, so who knows on the long term. Still, it was nice to get him as there were 42 claims.

Not like I need pitchers short term anyway, as my guys are doing an excellent job right now (combined 3.22 ERA/1.240 WHIP).

Now I'm back having a full roster though, so whenever I want to go on Waivers again or draft a player, I'll need to drop someone, and it's becoming increasingly difficult, as I don't have that many players left that I'm on the fence with. Might drop a few older guys after the season, but since we're doing well so far and in good position to win the division, I don't want to mess anything up!

Updated Wednesday, June 9 2021 @ 9:21:23 am PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well there were a couple of pitchers I had on my list, but unfortunately I have to release people to get available space and by the time it was their turn, they were gone. Today I unexpectedly got 2 waiver claimants (4 & 7 claims). At this point, after a lot of signings/releases theres no one I am ready to immediately release. I have went through every pitcher lol. There are some who's spot on the roster is shaky but again I am handicapped by having many people I cant cut. Another 1-2 sets of games and someone will be ready to churn again.

Previous Page | Show All |