Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 33-Year Old Gains an SI   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So, I was already well out of contention for the league, so I brought back some good players I drafted, one being Marco Garza, who we drafted in 2037 and released in ‘43, well before I took over. He had played 55 career games before he got here, and was 90 SI-13 POT, as he was under-developed in the minors.

Well, he’s 33, and his skills are declining quickly, yet when I look at the training report, I see he’s gained an SI and got to 91.

How weird is this and should I expect more growth before the end of the season?
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We posted a similar thread the other day. It may give an interesting clue to the way the Broken Bat training/development code works. Players seem to be headed somewhere and they can be interrupted before they get there.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
This is not that unusual. I believe all drafted players have some SI gained through training and some which is gained through experience. The training SI has an expiration date. If the player doesn't gain it soon enough, he gets a "too old to learn much more" message. However, the experience SI never does "expire". If a player gets playing time for the first time in his 30s, he will gain SI in his 30s.

Previous Page | Show All |