Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Pop, Lock, or Drop it.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Figured with the new potential volatility, and so many managers seeing more drops I'd start a thread to discuss whether a prospects potential is correct, or if its probably too high or too low. so you can find out if it will pop, if you should lock them up, or if you should drop the player.

My offering.
Laurence Kondo

Due to the fact that the hitting and fielding would take up nearly the entirety of his skills, and based on the 800 OPS I think he will pop to a 13.

Agree, Disagree, have a prospect you want looked at? post here and all will be revealed.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
A great idea!
Martin Alba ID #243546 was drafted 14 potential is now 12 potential is he going to gain it back?
This new feature in potential is really unprecedented. I like that if you click draft history button you can see potential arrows up or down. But feel that a section in potential in "help menu & how to section"; in potential made by Steve should be updated or reworked. Also scouting reports reworded. For examples
Very good potential should be 14 lowest they will fall down.
Good potential lowest they will fall is 12.
Above average potential lowest they will fall is 10.
None reported should be 8-12 potential.
Below average potential lowest is 6.
Poor potential lowest is 4.
Never making out of minors is zero.
The maximum they will go above potential scouting reports should never be more than 3 points above reported potential. Example a none reported potential scouting report is lowest 8 potential but could pop 13 potential with excellent "Manager" in his development reported so if he is excellent at teaching pitchers and your player has "None" scouting report 8-12 is normal but a good Manager could pop 13pot.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
ID #243546 my player has every chance of of being 13 Potential.
Sorry @g10rsh for added too much information to your Thread!
And I could not get link to work for my player also forgotten how to insert a links again.

Updated Sunday, February 14 2021 @ 9:00:52 am PST
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Even if Alba remains a 12 it looks like he'll be a beast. 850 OPS is nothing to sneeze at. I'd say hes almost definitely going to pop again though. already at 100 SI and just starting in AAA, if he gains 4 SI then he is officially a pot 13. also with 17 hitting hes looking like a rookie of the year candidate.

And I appreciate all the information and discussion. I personally like the fuzziness of pot, gives me something else to think about when evaluating.

(to link on desktop you can type a word, highlight it, and then choose the link icon next to the Underline and past the link you want to attach)

Previous Page | Show All |