Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Team Eval   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
For Kithkin:

I would consider batting Rubio first against lefties. He has a better OBP then Brady and steals more. Brady on the other hand has better SLG. So they would be better switched.

Edgar is very mediocre. Not a very good hitter. 17 Arm is just enough to be effective, but not dominating behind the plate.

Versalles doesn't look very promising. Fine for a backup, but hopefully never inherits the starter job. Can't hit very well, and he is losing his Catcher experience sitting on the bench. Looks like you are training Lentz to be the next guy up. He strikes out a lot. Not the best hitter either, but could probably be better than Versalles and can backup 3B.

Hodson looks decent despite the weak Arm at 3B.

I loath the though of having a 1B/DH with no Hitting report. Conti looks to be hanging in there at LL-VI, but I wouldn't count on him translating to the next level. He's not bad; I wouldn't drop him. Wouldn't hurt to find a better guy to start above him though. Cervantes can make way for whoever you can find.

Some guys like Rentería are showing splits. Might be worth finding a vLHP platoon for him. Rentería didn't show a strong split in the minors, so it might just be small numbers, but I platoon most of my OFs.

I don't see much promise in Chacón. SS is the only position I would consider a guy with that hitting profile at. You have Brady, so Chacón is not needed. Boyer is even worse. Finding a 2B prospect who can hit the ball should be a high priority.

I don't think Gonzalez is a good enough hitter for a DH. I think you can find someone better on FA or waivers with a bit of hunting.

Whitehouse may have good power, but it won't matter if he can't ever Hit the ball...

Overall, you have fairly low Hitting on the team. I would try to find better Hitters.

Not a huge fan of Ochoa. Low BC and a high GB/FB doesn't usually work real great. There are worse guys out there. But I think you can find better. Hold on to him until you can find an upgrade.

Mendoza could use a bit more Range for 2B, and his PD is pretty poor. But otherwise he seems like a reasonable 2B prospect. I wouldn't expect great things, but him could be effective. Just be cautious of the impact his Range may have on your overall defense. The AI wants to rush him up. Considering the guys you have in the majors, I might oblige the AI on this one...

I like Mansfield at 3B.

Hopefully he can improve his offensive skills, but at POT 12, Curry probably is what he is. A decent defensive SS build. Just don't expect much offensive production from him.

Krugger is another guy with low BC and a high GB/FB. I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for him. But it can be difficult to drop a POT 14 until they really prove they can't play. I might consider giving him some time at Catcher. There are four teams in my league who are starting left handed catchers this season. A 19 Arm will help overcome any lefty penalties, and give you some options in the future. No point spending more time in the OF since he has maxed. And he doesn't have a great 1B build,

Rainey is hitting well (so far). Don't like the lack of a hitting comment. 16 arm is a bit low for Catcher.

Parsons looks like a much better Catching prospect.

Crow looks decent at 3B.

Not sure about the POT 11 on Jackson. I guess your praying for him to pop a couple POT. Its hard to have a POT 12 even be effective at SS. This guy has an uphill battle (but a slim chance).

Hernandez is performing well (so far), but most of your 1B/OF prospects (and starers) aren't as good a hitters as I would want.

Pitching looks ok, but I noticed a lot of stamina and POT 12s. POT 12s can be great pitchers, but high stamina takes away from their SI potential in other areas. Half my pro staff are POT 12s, but you'll notice most of them have low stamina.

You also should really have at least one LHS. LHS is more valuable than you might think. They cause the opponent to take out strong left handed bats as early as the 5th inning (depending on their sub rules). You can take a look at the other team's sub history to figure out what your first inning should be for your LHS(s). Not bad if you can swing more than one LHP on the squad. It can also be nice to have a guy you can put into start against teams that have a weakness to LHP.

You have a few guys like Soto, Magana, and Mercado who don't have strong tools. They can do well in LL-VI, but may not translate well to higher levels.

Schneider gives up too many HRs.

Terry has potential.

Pagán looks decent.

Galloway doesn't have great tools, but he has shown a strong split. Could be useful at LHS.

Holland has decent Control, but no tools. Unlikely to be competitive above LL-V.

Lopez is probably ready for AAA. His best tool is only "major league". So very average. His minor league stats are a bit below average. I see a lot of yellow flags here.

I'm not the best person to ask about Fastball guys (since I don't have many), but White seems like a decent Fastball prospect. Especially if he can keep the HR totals down. Unhittable is the best possible report for Fastball pitchers.

Solano has not impressed so far. Still early days, but both Amateur and Rookie ball have been underwhelming. HR totals aren't bad. But would expect more Ks with his velocity. May turn out ok, but may also be overrated by the scouts.

McGee has a lot of yellow flags. Low POT. Lefty Fastball pitcher. Poor Amatuer stats. I don't see much potential there.

I focus on more on pitchers with at least one dominant tool and lower stamina in general. Its a good idea to have a LHS in training. Galloway may be able to fill that role, but I wouldn't bother with McGee.

Previous Page | Show All |