Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Default?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys

Just a question as toward the end of season when I was trying to shake things up as my run production just didn't improve, I considered going with 'Lineup Default' setting

Has anyone tried this for a number of games and if so what was the outcome?

I'm curious as work's getting busy and I wondered if such a tool can be relied upon to not throw the baby out with the water - so to speak?

I'll appreciate any feedback on this - especially the OG's who've been around and probably tried everything done the seasons.

Many thanks Guys

Jim.
tamale

Concord Jets
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Never used the default line-up, but it's probably what a bot would use if running your team. Looking at my team's version, it seems far from optimal, especially on defensive positioning. It even suggests I should use someone with a .163 BA and .269 OBP in the lead-off spot! So, I don't recommend it.
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks T

For the response.

I've decided to let the defaults run the show the opening spring break weekend and see what happens!

Both pitching and hitting - gulp lol!

Come to think of it how about a 'defaults weekend'- who's up for it!

It'll be fun and interesting

All the best

Jim

Updated Wednesday, November 18 2020 @ 10:50:31 am PST
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
default will 'probably' pick your best players, give or take a couple of mistakes.

But it won't necessarily put them at their best positions on the field OR their best batting order.

I like to check it to see what is suggested, and to see if I'm missing anything, and then I edit.
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That certainly sounds more sensible.

I'll see what Mr Default does this weekend.

Thanks

Jim
Gunnar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Jim I know when I just tried it the default had 1 out of 9 in the right position so you may want to rethink it.
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Gun

Yeah I know but it's spring training and only over the opening weekend so I'm going have a bit of fun.

Although I did have to tweak some of the management settings on the pitchers - SP with 10 pitches - lol!

Have a good spring and all the best in the bigger league this season mate

Jim

Previous Page | Show All |