Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Poor Minor Leaguers That Turned Into Beasts   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Have any you'd share? Had to have poor to mediocre stats for most of their Minor League days, and then took off maybe that last year of AAA or when they hit the majors.
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ryan "The Riddle" Rowen was wildly underwhelming until lately. I fear he'll revert.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually drop minor leaguers who are really bad. I have lots of examples going the other way :)
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I put Santiago on the high-end of mediocre minor league stats ... maybe the low-end of average.
(I wasn't grabbing so many scrubs to fill spring innings at the time)

Then I saw Major League Santiago ... (Lost for words emote - especially before the weather got cold.) carry a sub-2 ERA into September

Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Wilkinson posted pretty poor minor league numbers, to the tune of .660 minor league OPS. He then went on to have a great career. I'm pretty sure he holds the franchise record for All Star appearances.
boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a similar hitter whose hit rating growth didn't pick up until he hit the big leagues as Geesh.

Meet 3-claim 12 pot Connor Eddy who had a mediocre .733 OPS in the minors, but won a MVP and five all-leagues in the big leagues.

Updated Thursday, November 12 2020 @ 8:51:24 pm PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
McCarty had a fairly vanilla minor league career (720 OPS).

He turned out ok.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Burkhart was a 1-win waiver claim who had a .664 OPS in the minors, but had a pretty good career.

Previous Page | Show All |