Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Catcher Dilemma   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
So I came to the realization too late that the best way to fit in Gamez was to make him my catcher. That's set in stone as my Starting 3B has the position locked down for the foreseeable future.

The dilemma is actually a backup catcher dilemma.

It comes down to these two guys: Bauer and Andres

Andres had the start most of this season and did poorly on the offensive side of the ball, if he stays he will be the permanent backup. Bauer is a slow developer with solid potential. I had hopes for in the OF but there is so much depth there I am warming up to putting him as a catcher. I can keep Bauer in AAA one more year as he probably could use it, but opening up that roster spot is very tempting.

tl;dr Keep Andres as the backup C or promote Bauer next season as backup C.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its hard to argue with a 20 Arm at catcher. Its nice when people are afraid of running against you.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel Bauer should be up next season, and that he is the better player. Also more generally useful. Can back up C or OF, can pinch run. Lots of ways to get value out of him.

Andres is a suitable back up C if you have the roster space. I always ending up cutting guys like that when roster spots get tight.

Previous Page | Show All |