Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Inherited Players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I took over my team in 2041 and my inherited players count is now down to 3. Stewart, Mireles, and Pryor.

Obviously Stewart is a blue chipper so no surprise there, but I’d like to give a shoutout to Mireles and Pryor for their unconventional staying power:

Pryor is a perfect build 11 POT who is a very solid C type. He didn’t do well this season and ceded a lot of playing type to Hidalgo who went off this season, but he’ll be getting another shot next year bc I’m willing to juggle extra catcher types.

Mireles really impresses me too. A lefty pitcher with no skills called out in his scouting report wouldn’t grab my eye, but after some refinement in AA/AAA after I sent him back there, he’s been able to really hold down the fort when called upon in specific situations and roles.

I’m just surprised that of the remaining 3, 2 of them are not really elite just guys that know how to stay useful and be reliable.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice. :)

Our last inherited player was Paredes. He was great. 1 of only 7 Dinos to hit 30 HRs in a season. Career OPS over 800. Gold glove at 3B.

We parted ways in 2021. Waterloo was in the midst of a full rebuild. No room for old guys.

Re-signed him 2 seasons later so he could retire a Dino. Seeing as 2024 was going to be our 1st season in Legends we actually kept Paredes over the winter and gave him 1 game at the top level (as a 36 yr old).

Good times. :)
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice story Seca! I would have done the same for my inherited 3B Henry if it would have meant he could have retired a “Legend”. Let him go before he could see LLIV this year, but at least he got to put up a .800 OPS in V last year.

Plus with that open roster spot I actually onboarded an old Falcon 2031 draft pick to fill a meaningful role this season, Clifton. I had seen he was putting up big career numbers for Pharr and when they let him go I pounced to get a veteran 2B. At 34 he did great in my opinion, about as much as you could have asked and he ended up getting >300 ABs for us this season.

It’s not quite an inherited player but it’s a good storyline and not just for story’s sake, he was very consistent and helped us succeed!

Edit: clifton’s in the minor right now while young guys get ABs and I make up my mind on 2048 moves. He got 396 ABs at a .745 ops, so it definitely wasn’t for sentimental reasons deciding to play him!

Updated Sunday, November 8 2020 @ 6:26:22 pm PST
tamale

Concord Jets
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I still have one, and it's been at that number for a long time. Herrera was hanging around as an 18yo in the minors when I took over the team, and turned into one of the best to pull on the uniform.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Inherited -
"Lucky" Hunter and Juan Navarrete

Maybe shouldn't have cut -
Ryan Brooks

Can't complain much about those days though.

My Hall of Fame has a "1st day" club led by
"Downtown" Robert Gregory and "Shadow" Knight

Cliff "Owl Reilly and
"Hanging Chad" Bartlett

Previous Page | Show All |