Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Fool's Gold   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Anybody ever have a similar player to Easton have their minors numbers translate to the Majors? Guys been giving me the double bird for doubting him since draft day and I'm starting to warm to his grit :)
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
No, not a position player and they don't fall off the cliff for me until I've paid them 4-5 seasons lol.
Remember that short stop we both had? Minor league monster.

I've seen a lot of ugly looking effective pitchers though.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I do remember him. Last name started with a "C", I think.

That's kinda what I'm expecting here. Probably keep him too long and cut him down the road just because of the supply outage of younger players. That and he was the only one I kept from last seasons abysmal draft class. I get stubborn about those sorts of things :)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
To be fair, I think he has a chance as a low-average, high OBP guy in the Bigs, kind of like Ueno did. I occasionally see these 14 and 15 POT players who hit well in the Minors and then take a drop in production in the Majors, but still somehow put up some good OBP. Depends on how the SI falls in BC and PD, and whether he caps at 14 or 15 POT. Definitely worth a continued look to see how the BC and PD play out.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think I'd be too disappointed if he's Ueno. I have him penciled in as a backup C with an opportunity for more if he's a walk machine.

[EDIT]: Don't think Carrick was our guy after all. Needle in a haystack situation. I've signed and cut a phone book over here :)

[EDIT2] Phew, found him.

Updated Monday, September 28 2020 @ 7:33:03 am PDT
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know about translating numbers to the bigs, but I immediately thought of Prieto. Good numbers in lower levels and I hung tough with him. Cougars(!) first draft class.

JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure I understand the hesitation here, there's nothing "foolish" to me about this guy. He's got like 40 more SI if you believe the POT level (no reason not to with the "Very good potential" and minors performance so far. Since there's no fielding comment, I'd expect most to go to the hitting categories.

I would think he ends up as a high OBP guy. I'd be getting him set up for backup C and OF duties. What's nice is his speed may be able to offset GIDP numbers if his GB rate doesn't improve.

I've got somewhat of a comp I'm evaluating too:
http://brokenbat.org/player/240264
Phipps is more on the fence than Easton in my mind. Can't believe I'm trying to develop a "will never be a decent hitter", but if I ever was to try, Phipps is the one! Trying to get him up to speed at 2B then if the rest of my offense is rocking, I can sport a dynamite defensive middle infield lineup.

Previous Page | Show All |