Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> High-SI busts   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/176403

Here's my submission for a highly rated, poor-performing player. 110 SI, 14 POT, and completely inept with the bat. He's probably going to be cut after a miserable career, and someone will be stupid enough to give him a chance.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
to give him a chance

Seems sort of harsh. Would be a different league (level), different manager. If form exists maybe it gets rerolled when you join a new team.

Our most recent to fit the thread criteria is Riley. We had very low expectations for him, but he still came in below the bar. Seems to be a doing a little better down in VI.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Riley is a rough one too, 0 career SB but 16 speed is an oof for me.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ladd was someone that I was excited about. He was incredibly inconsistent. He started out hitting really well and then out of nowhere, he couldn't hit anymore. He also had a hard time getting on base too. It seems he was able to do a bit better in the lower leagues.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've always considered Damien "Shrugger" Burrell to be a disappointment for a POT 15. But I've definitely had bigger disappointments. And Shrugger is still in the lineup... So I guess he can't be THAT bad. His speed/eye combo is the only thing keeping him employed.

Nate Brady is a POT 14 that will likely lose his job soon, but I never had high expectations for him. He isn't much worse than any of my other SS.

And Bruce Hamel , up and coming POT 15 SS, doesn't look any better than Brady either.

In many ways, its worse when you have guys who fluctuate wildly year to year. Like Ted Scanlon or Rafael Miranda. At least consistently bad is an easy cut ;)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
On the flip side, Jaime Carrasco is a POT 14 who stunted at POT 12 yet had a fabulous career. I think there is a lot more variance in the ratings fuzziness than we tend to account for.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My huge waiver "win" a couple seasons back, 120-15POT Concepcion, looked like he had some issues, but put together a couple good seasons at least. Not since. For 120 SI, he should be able to crack the rotation on a team that doesn't have any real good pitchers anyways. He developed fine, but just doesn't have it and is dangerously close to the chopping block.

Updated Wednesday, September 23 2020 @ 6:02:52 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |