Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2047 Season Goals...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Terrified to say it out loud, but luck lately's been bad anyway. The Moo Cows may have the best team we've ever had. If we don't challenge for promotion this year, I'll clear the whole pasture of pudding patties myself.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
The Same Thing We Do Every Night ...

Try an take over the world
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
2047 will be an exciting year for the Giants and hopefully an exciting beginning to a fruitful run.

Starting in the offseason, we replaced our manager hopefully becoming a better offensive team in the process. We then decided a move closer to home was appropriate, so we took up Residence in College Park, MD.

We had some players age pretty well, both from an older perspective not decreasing much and some younger players bump up.

Coming off a surprising promotion after our first season in 2045, we were quickly put in place and relegated back to VI for the 2047 season, without disagreement.

We feel pretty good about moving forward and hopefully will continue to see growth from our younger minors players and we are starting to see some trickle up into the majors. We are really looking for them to continue their growth; both in the majors and the rest throughout the minors.

Waivers and FA pickups have been a key component for us to build our depth and we are looking forward to taking advantage of those opportunities again to continually fortify this squad.

Good luck to all, College Park is coming for V!!!
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
2047 for my franchise: TURN A PROFIT!

while i have good players, I have no 5 tool all stars; most of the guys are still developing

from the first financial update i got my non-ticket revenues and all operating expenses for a period...with only $303k of spring training ticket revenue its easy to subtract that out and arrive at loss before ticket sales for the period: -$2,536,500...multiply that by 10, and i have a $25,365,000 nut to cover for the year...with 80 home dates & 1/2 of 20 cup dates, i need to average 18,800 attendance per game to break even. Last years last place finisher in my league with 52 wins average 22,000+ per game.

In short, if i don't add any expensive players and am content to play through, i will make a profit although i don't figure to contend.

Updated Friday, September 11 2020 @ 4:43:31 pm PDT
Gunnar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@ Ken_Kennilworth if it makes you feel any better I am predicting at 9.3 million loss for my team this year, providing I don't sign anyone else and attendance averages out the same as last year.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Gunnar, thanks for trying to help with my mood...

what would really do the trick would be a couple of 14 or more POT draft picks...I'd appreciate your being a good fellow and doing what you can to get those players for me...thanks in advance

and by the way, signing some 14+ draft picks is another goal for 2047 (and each year thereafter)

Updated Saturday, September 12 2020 @ 11:04:13 pm PDT

Updated Sunday, September 13 2020 @ 7:03:00 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just don't ignore the POT 12s. Most of my pitchers are POT 12s. Vásquez hasn't even made it to POT 12 and he is still mowing down big league hitters. Similar story with Carrasco.

Updated Sunday, September 13 2020 @ 8:07:21 am PDT
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I am now the highest-ranked LL V manager by a mile, coming in at #78. Ideally this would finally be the year we promote, instead of finishing second while winning 100+ like usual.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Update on 2047 Goal: Turn a profit

It looks like I will net around $2.5 or so profit for the year...i projected out profit loss statements for each update period with ave attendance or 20,000 which so far i have averaged above (21,500 approx)--first profitable year since i started in 2044. The price is that I am at risk to relegate, no hope to contend.

interesting is that the business has a seasonal cyclical revenue intake -- period 1 has least (spring training games mostly), periods 2 - 5 have most (league & cup games), periods 6 - 10 (league only unless you run deep in Cup) alternate loss and profit months...the net is most of us make profit in periods 2 - 5 and then lose money or eek out smaller profits in periods 1, 6 - 10. In lending this is called seasonal risk.

also, re draft signing, i did land a POT 15 high schooler :)

Updated Saturday, September 26 2020 @ 6:47:00 am PDT
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/192023

One of my season goals is to keep following this storyline: Can Rendon make it to 5000 minor league at bats before making it to AAA? Can he then make it to 6000 before seeing the big leagues? We’ll just have to wait and see!

Previous Page | Show All |