Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Carlos Beltran of BB   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The face of the '54Chevy franchise, DJ Jo is fighting against father time and some would say he is making a strong case that he is winning. Coming into the season, the expectation was to get him a few starts to get him into the 300HR/300SB club then move him to the bench in favor 24yr old youngster Henson. Then the world turned crazy as we found ourselves in a legends pennant race and Jo decided to blast 30HR to go with his 346obp. Henson struggled early, so Jo kept his 3B spot.
Looking at his stats, he isnt slowing down on his hitting (though SB are a thing of the past).
Currently sitting at 325HR, 353SB, and 1889 hits, it begs the question: can he find 111 hits next season? He would join only six MLB players Bonds, Mays, Dawson, Finley, AROD, and Beltan to be in the 300/300/2000 club.
Defensively, and practically, he has lost the starting 3B roll for 2047. Likely he would share some DH and come off the bench. But will that be enough? He'll likely need 450 at bats (or more if his age catches him) Do I dare plan on keeping him to age 37 (2 more seasons and about $5M) just to hit some ridiculous career numbers?

This is why I love this game!
It is rarely easy to decide to cut or keep, play for the best of the team future or for now or for the fun of watching a drafted player have an awesome career.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Henson ended up with a great part time season so likely starting back at 3B in 2047? But Jo is looking far from done, I imagine TU#0 will be brutal. but what if it's not? Will you ever get a chance to put up the kind of numbers he has over a career again? Tough one! I hung onto a couple of P's to start this season that I should have let go, but 1 was on 99 wins, and the other was my all time leader in hold's - I had to let them have another crack!
Samsung Lions

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Meet my HOFer and franchise GOAT Juan Trevino http://brokenbat.org/player/113997. Full membership of the 300/300/2000 club although during my control of the franchise he comes up a little short with just 280 HR.

Previous Page | Show All |