Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Ouch...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The AI has become super aggressive with its recommendation. I mostly just ignore it now and make sure to give guys at least 1.5 seasons at each level.

Bowie looks pretty well developed, but I don't think you will hurt anything by waiting until next season. If it were me, I would wait until the all-star break next season.

Ramiro was certainly going to stunt regardless, but a POT 14 can still be useful stunted. I would have left him in AA. He had at least two more seasons of development in the minors (25 and 26). I don't know that he was managed properly in the minors either. Less than two seasons in Rookie, and then 2.5 seasons in A. Probably should have been brought up after 2 full seasons in A. That would have given him 1.5 seasons in both AA and AAA.
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@lost
I would bring him up now and see how he does.
Alternatively, leave him in AAA one more week to see if he pops again and if not, bring him up right away.

Once up:
A) see how he does (maybe he holds his own)
B (edit as B + ) is a emoji lol ) Leave him up through spring training next season.
After all, that is the rec'd level.
Maybe he is a guy who will gain SI really fast in the majors.

After all that you could still opt to send him down next season until the all star break at age 22.

FWIW: It is my opinion that managers make the mistake of "leaving guys down" far too often.

Updated Saturday, August 1 2020 @ 5:09:22 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's funny. I feel like people bring them up too early way too often. I see so many Ramiros.
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there a penalty for leaving a guy down, the same way there is for bringing him up too early?

I always thought the downside of leaving a guy in the minors too long was simply that he'll run out of time to develop. Whereas bringing up a guy too early will actively stunt his development
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@lostraven - I generally bring guys up as soon as recommended for lower levels of minors, but generally hesitant for the majors. Romero wants to rush the whole way through my system so I let him, he was a 12 pot who just jumped to 13 so it can work.

https://brokenbat.org/player/193055

@hardhat - I don't think there's a penalty as such but you do miss extra time with them at their peak. My OF Shapiro was one who I bought up late, still not sure whether he reaches his potential or not, time will tell!

https://brokenbat.org/player/182058

Updated Sunday, August 2 2020 @ 1:59:23 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's part of my argument for leaving them in AAA for longer. When they still have 20 SI growth to go, I don't consider them at their peak. A little extra time in AAA, they'll be better (both defensively and offensively) and less painful to put into the lineup.
Ouija7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
this guy was recommended very early, I kept him down a year before I brought him up he is slowly getting there now so quiet pleased with him.

https://brokenbat.org/player/230297
Detroit24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When I inherited this team, the computer had this guy http://brokenbat.org/player/229822 in the majors but they kept telling me to send him down to triple A, but since he was pitching well I never did until recently.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Judging from his slowed growth this season, I'd bet he is maxed out in Experience at this point. The only way to improve is going to be through Training, and he'll gain that best in AAA. He virtually skipped AA, so he is probably pretty far behind in his Training. If he is still growing after Spring Training next season, I would even consider leaving him down a little longer. Depends where his SI gets to between now and the end of Spring Training.
Detroit24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the advice

Previous Page | Show All |