Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Whats up with the system   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My record is 10-7 in the league already and the season hasn't started yet?

Nevermind I lost track of things

Updated Tuesday, July 7 2020 @ 7:34:23 am PDT
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
J

Welcome to the Twilight Zone - lol!

I know the feeling.

Actually, I thought yeah what's happening with BB

The last couple of days I've had to reload as the screens been freezing during 'Game Action'

Anyone else had any issues?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, seems like the server has been inaccessible quite frequently. But its back again within a couple minutes. Hasn't seemed to impact sim times at least.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
@ Jimmy

Ya, I go through patches where viewing live games is a struggle. As much (or more) due to my own shaky internet as the fault of the server. Tho I’ve had good luck lately.

Some other games of this nature that I’ve played download the entire match up front instead of “streaming” it. I’ve made a suggestion along those lines in the past. Would make for a much smoother viewing experience, but might be difficult to incorporate into the current system.

One little project of mine that will go unfinished was creating a Flash match viewer for my BrokenBat games. The plan was to copy and paste the game text into the viewer and have it parse out all the ABs. I had some of the graphics working and had started spaghettifying my parse code. But Flash is deprecated, and I find graphics a lot harder to manage in the other languages I use.
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seca

Thanks for that - although as a technophobe most of that went over my head - lol!

Jokes aside, thanks for at least trying to educate

All the best for the season

Jim

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its probably not your internet. Especially if many of us are experiencing it. The US internet is significantly behind the rest of the world in reliability and speed (mostly due to the monopolies), and it hasn't done particularly well with the increased demand brought on by Covid. Its likely the server farm is having some difficulties overall.

Previous Page | Show All |