Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Potential example   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/261043

Okay, so this guy has 13 POT, starts of with 79 SI at age 17, but the scouting report says: above average potential.

So my question is, does this mean his POT could be overrated by 2? Or just because he started with so much SS, he won't increase as many points as others?

What would be your interpretation of the players potential/usability?
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
lol Walter White..

I’d expect his pot to maybe come in around 12? I haven’t been doing this long enough to see POT go down by two, but I have seen it go up/down by one as I’m sure most have..

He had a great senior season in HS, looks like a decent avg guy, may not hit for much power.. Good luck, that’s always nice to get a 79 Si from a teen, and esp a 17y/o
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
With the "above average potential" scouting report, it is more likely his POT will trend down than up. But it could remain at 13. Unlikely to go to 14. More likely to go to 12. Unlikely to go to 11.

Its worth remembering that Speed, Range, and Arm don't change. So you should take those out when considering a guys current SI for his age (the prospect ratings don't account for that). That said, he is still well developed for his age.

He could also be over-hyped (over-scouted), and possibly his skills are not as high as they say. He had good performance in high school, but its hard to tell much from high school.

At the end of the day POT doesn't mean much by itself. Its all about performance. Odds are this guy is a an over-scouted POT 12 who may still show up as a POT 13 for his whole career. But you can never really know for sure. And there are some highly effective POT 11 and POT 12 players out there. If it were me, I'd want a bit more hitting prowess in a 1B/OF though.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry rlawrence, but I think he is gonna break bad

Updated Friday, July 3 2020 @ 9:05:31 am PDT
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL .. yeah, he stares down the pitchers and leads the league in walks

Previous Page | Show All |