Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Farewell...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I never posted all that much anyway but I read the forums like a madman for a while and feel like I know some of you a little bit. So I would like to take a couple of minutes to thank you all for an enjoyable almost 5 years. First, Steve for making such a great game. Second, you guys, the community. For making it (for the most part) such a friendly place to be and for being so helpful to players with questions, whether they be new or veterans. The game isn't chasing me away, I just don't feel it anymore. I lost my wife to a heart attack in November. I lost my mother in mid-May. I've been furloughed from my job at a Class I Railroad for almost three months. They'd have us believe the drop in business is due to The Rona but a good portion of it is self-inflicted due to new operating practices to line shareholders pockets and f*ck employees at every chance possible but that's another story. Anyway, I know I'm not the first to go through tough times or lose loved ones and I'm not looking for sympathy or anything. Just giving some insight as to why I'm stepping away. I just don't have it in me anymore to check on and fiddle with my team as much as I would like to get it where I want it to be. So thank you, Steve, for the game, and thank you all for the help and fierce competition for the last 5 years. It was a blast. Good luck and may the Force be with you.

Dan
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And also with you.

Fare thee well, don’t forget, the night is always darkest before the dawn.

AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 It’s a sad day to see you go. I remember our days back in VI.7 when you were still running the Nine, and yours was always a fun team to play against. I wish you nothing but the best.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
God bless, Dan. You piloted the Wanderers well and it's quite a story you have to tell. Sometimes life's just too much for baseball, but sometimes baseball helps you get through life. You might be back one day.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry to hear you're leaving. More sorry to hear about your loss, and all the other crap life seems to be liberally handing out these days, Dan.

Sometimes, this game can help with that, and sometimes the frustration makes it worse. All the best. I hope to see you here again someday. Take care.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Really sorry to hear about the tough situation you're in. If you think talking to a therapist will help, send me a Mail. I'll PayPal you cash to cover a few sessions. Sounds like you have a lot to talk out...

Otherwise, peace be with you.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Dan peace be with you.
You can come back anytime.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Dan, I'm very sorry about your wife and mother. As raven suggested, please do consider therapy. I wish you the best and hope you find peace and calm in your mind and heart. We'll be here and will welcome you back with open arms, should you decide a little fake baseball is a good idea again. But please do take care of yourself. Life's a fecking ahole sometimes, I understand. Hugs from afar.
envican

Hartford Bears
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
So sorry for your losses and I wish the best for you in the future
knoxvol

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Condolences for your losses Dan. Thanks for being a part of this community. I'll never forget our epic 7-game VI.1 championship series in 2041. One of my favorite times on this site.

God bless and good luck sir.

Previous Page | Show All |