Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Pitching repetoire question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Do you think (Steve, that is), that a pitcher's repetoire will be linked to the pitcher's stats?

Consider a pitcher with a fastball/slider/sinker combination. Velocity would matter to all three and movement to the last two to make them more effective, but change of speed, not so much.

Compare that to a junkballer with curve/changeup/screwball or the like, velocity and change of speed doesn't play near so much as movement and control.

Or compare to fastball/changeup/slider, where change of speed and velocity might be king.

Just curious if finding a good pitcher might be made easier by being able to ignore one poor stat that might not matter with the repetoire they have.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
At present, pitching repertoire has a lot less affect within the game engine that actual pitching skills. I would focus most of my scouting and attention on those skills.

Steve
Eastern

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What kind of pitch is shuuto because one of my players (Yutaka Imai)uses that pitch. http://brokenbat.org/player/ 38219

Updated Tuesday, July 16 2013 @ 1:58:32 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It's kind of a slider that breaks the other way: Shuuto

Steve
Eastern

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks.

Previous Page | Show All |